Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modee
    replied
    It's unfortunate, but getting a UPC or GTIN code now costs money - on an annual basis. I have an old account inherited from a family member that was grandfathered in, and is free with no renewal fees.

My experience has been that as long as the code is unique, you assign a product to it yourself and the code should work.

Leave a comment:

• Thompson
    started a topic Problems with my GTIN number.

Problems with my GTIN number.

I am new to the business world, since I have been a software engineer and writer all my life.

But now I am trying to start a business. I am trying to set it up online. Part of the process has been to create a GTIN for a product I have made. I have already downloaded the bar code from gs1 after I purchased the GTIN from gs1. As proof, here is the bar code I downloaded.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00195893596126 UPC-A SST1 (1).png
Views:	364
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	96459

But as I was trying to set up my page online, on an ecommerce site, I was told that the validity of the Product Id could not be confirmed in the GS1 GPIR which, I assume, is some sort of database. Do I need to contact someone? I already sent a request to GS1 for help. I am wondering if anyone here has any advice and/or experience with this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen shot 2.png
Views:	134
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	96460

Working...
X