No announcement yet.

AOL proxy - does your WAN IP address change for EBAY purposes? Not necessarily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOL proxy - does your WAN IP address change for EBAY purposes? Not necessarily

Editor's Note: READ this thread all the way through. Our latest research shows that the ONLY form of AOL that appears to protect your identity is AOL dial up. All other forms of AOL proxy may be transmitting your true IP address right on through.

---

Switch to dial up AOL. The other one (back door, using your own broadband) doesn't always switch IP anymore, and it may even transmit your true IP address right on through.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

There is no issue with using AOL backdoor access, it's just that for people who want to switch their IP address, this does not happen. You usually maintain the same IP address as you would without the AOL.

Why? Simple - because you are using your own ISP for access. And because it is a FREE AOL product. The free AOL back door access does not always change your IP address.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

It really has nothing to do with whether you paid for the AOL or not. If you use AOL dial up or AOL as your actual ISP, your IP address will change.

If you simply use AOL as access for content while using your own ISP, your IP address will not necessarily change for EBAY purposes. This has been verified with a test we conducted on the forum today. A person who is using Verizon as his ISP logged into his AOL proxy. Even though his checking of IP address at his end with his AOL browser
      What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...
      showed some new IP address, when he posted here on the forum the only WAN IP address that showed was his flow through one with Verizon.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Dial Up AOL is the only form of AOL "proxy" I recommend. People are getting busted right and left using AOL bring your own access proxy, and maybe this is why.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

My latest research shows that the reason AOL will not work for EBAY, Google Checkout, and others, even if the WhatIsMyIPAddress.com type sites show you at a completely different IP address, is that sites can blow right through that proxy AOL IP to your real originating IP address.

I can't post details of this in public, very sensitive information, but I am now understanding how and why proxies, VPN, TOR, etc. do not work. Also consider the post above about "reverse lookup" that may be another factor.

More here:
          Proxies, TOR, VPN, Hide your IP - All bad for EBAY and PayPal - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X