eBay Merchant account checkout with Authorize.Net not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Merchant account checkout with Authorize.Net not working

Normally eBay checokut via eBay's merchant account checkout through Authorize.Net works fine. However today everyone who tries to pay gets the message"This order was not successful. Payment for this order has failed." However Authorize.Net is working fine as it processed an order from a cartmanager invoice without issue. Nothing about the setups was changed, eBay is just not communicating the information to Authorize.Net when a customer submits checkout and nothing shows up in Authorize.Net. Of course both eBay and Authorize.Net can offer no help and blame the other party. The same issue happened a couple weeks ago and I lost an entire day of sales before it randomly started working again with no explanation of what happened. Is this an issue with all merchant accounts or just me, and is there any way to get it fixed or even have an idea of when it may fix itself?

Other clients of mine have posted about this on the eBay help forums.

It is a recurring issue, and has to do with eBay checkout. Fortunately, the issue does not occur always, just sometimes.

The only solution is to get cartmanager and maintain it as automatically sending a second invoice to all your customers:
    Integrating cartmanager with Ebay, using cartmanager plus payment gateway with Ebay - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    which it sounds like you are already doing this. And then, put some auto-verbiage in your eBay checkout message that alerts buyers to that a second invoice will be sent to them directly from cartmanager and to pay it if the ebay checkout fails. You should also send a direct message to each buyer explaining this to them.

There is unfortunately nothing else you may do other than to keep phoning eBay and asking them to get on the issue. It tends to happen more with foreign credit cards and AMEX cards than with U.S. Visa/MC.

Actually when it comes to AMEX cards, the charge actually DOES go through (at least as far as getting an authorization, but not capture) even though the buyer is notified of an error - which is why a second message is needed to alert AMEX buyers not to repeat the charge.

Details of all this are included in my merchant tech support.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Well I just found out from Authorize.Net that in this instance it is not a recurring issue that has to do with eBay checkout. The problem is that eBay did not update from their old security protocol to the TLS 1.2 security protocol now required. On February 12th when this happened before they did a test requiring that TSL 1.2 be used to process transactions which is why it did not work then. eBay knew of the upcoming requirement to update to TLS 1.2 but did nothing about it even knowing the issue during Authorize.Net's test of the system. Authorize.Net told me it could be anywhere from a 30 minute fix to eBay having to make extensive changes and upgrading their servers and be a major long term un-resolved issue.

Comment

That is possible...but then I received a notice about two months ago from one of my merchant account processors about a different issue ("hosts/targets were "Undetected" by the PCI compliance scanner") on one of my own websites, where orders are processed via authorize.net / cartmanager, notifying me that I would no longer pass compliance PCI SCANS come February 2018, and yet still I have passed all scans, all orders are being processed correctly, and here it is March 2018.

And then as far as authorize.net's "plans to disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1," this was in effect September 18, 2017, so unless you have been experiencing issues since that date, then I would venture that what is going on today is something else. (By the way, cartmanager has been TLS compliant since 2015, so I don't see why eBay would be any different.
        This release
        eBay Developers Program
        from September 2016, states that eBay will be TLS 1.2 compliant on all API endpoints and web pages "within a few months," so again, I don't see why they would be lagging behind as far as eBay checkout.

Indeed, this post from July 2015, seems to refer to being able to activate TLS 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2 in eBay Checkout:
        paying for item
        )

Modee Tech Support

Comment

eBay checkout system via authorize.net is currently having problems with processing American Express cards. The same buyer tried also with a Visa, and got the same error message. So something is up today!

Click image for larger version  Name:	eBayCheckout_error_authorizenet.jpg Views:	1 Size:	151.0 KB ID:	81055

Click image for larger version

Name:	eBayCheckout_error_authorizenet2.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	81056

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X