Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using / Linking Google Checkout & ebay - with cartmanager

The specific way to do this is outlined here
    The definitive Step by Step - EBAY + Cartmanager + Google Checkout SETUP - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

I use cartmanager but list my auctions manually directly on EBAY. I do not use auctiva, at least not to list.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

I don't think G.checkout or cartmanager requires anyone to create a full on account, although I suppose that if they choose they can save the info via password which is practically the same as creating an account.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

If your account is post 11/2007, be prepared to use PayPal or verify your merchant account, if they allow you to have a merchant account at all. How many times have we explained this? The request for verification comes at the EBAY end after you check the boxes on your listings to indicate that you have your own merchant account. So, this has nothing to do with what method you use for billing, cartmanager or some other system.

By the way, if you are using the googlecheckout + cartmanager method, then do not fax your Googlecheckout statements to EBAY for verification! EBAY does not allow you to use G.checkout. It's just that when you use G.checkout via cartmanager, EBAY doesn't get wind of what processing company you are using. :-)

P.S. Why use cartmanager for re-listing your auctions? Just use it for auto-billing and be happy.

ALSO, you people must get your terminology right. To "list" an item means to post the actual auction listing. I use cartmanager for auto-billing only, not for listing. When you initially set cartmanager up it will ask you if you want cartmanager to perform the listing function as well, or just billing.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

An external invoice is emailed to the buyer automatically by cartmanager at auction's close. That is the beauty of the cartmanager + googlecheckout system.

Immediate Payment Required, as far as I know, has to do with PayPal. Not applicable here, in that the EBAY internal invoicing / billing system works with PayPal only.

You may use any merchant account with cartmanager. As far as getting your merchant account verified with EBAY, you are on your own there. Obviously you cannot get verified on EBAY with G.checkout.

What cartmanager lets you do is sneak G.checkout into the EBAY system. But to use any merchant account with EBAY, you must either have a pre 11/2007 created account
        Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
        in which case EBAY will just let you click the box and go on your listings (no verification required on these older accounts),
        or have your merchant accounts verified by EBAY, by FAXing in proof that you have a merchant account.

One solution if you have a post 11/2007 account, is to open a merchant account like CCNOW (very expensive but easy to get approved), and use that to get verified by EBAY. But then turn around and use GC + cartmanager anyway.

Whether you use G.checkout or some other merchant account, you will need cartmanager or something like it unless you want to spend your days manually invoicing each customer.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I went ahead and did the googlecheckout + cartmanager method.

My problem is trying to figure out how to prevent the customers from having to log in to google or create a google account so they can pay after I have sent the invoice.

How do I fix this? Thanks.

Comment

Well, this is not so much an error as the way it is. Buyers must create a Google account in order to pay, although all this entails is providing a Password fo future log ins and payments.

Otherwise, it is the exact same information needed to make any online credit card payment.

If your customers are reluctant, explain that it is just like creating a PP account, except simpler and less information needed.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X