X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braintree

I had written here
    http://www.modeeworld.com/forums/for...vember-20-2013
    about difficulties in getting approved by Braintree.

However, they cannot keep a good Modee down, and I re-packaged my application and did get approved by them. Advantages to Braintree include a single low rate (2.7% + 0.30) per transaction. Most other processors offer a lower processing rate for certain kinds of transactions, and higher rates for others.

Braintree is a combination gateway and processor, and there are no minimums and no monthly fees. However, their gateway is not approved for Ebay and as well, is a proprietary one that may not integrate easily with cartmanager. Cartmanager is something that you will need with Braintree in order to integrate it with Ebay for use with Ebay auctions.

I continue to test Braintree to determine its usefulness with Ebay.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

eBay acquires brain tree

Just a heads up. I was looking at different merchant accounts and found out brain tree was acquired by eBay.

Comment

Hey, Modee,

What's your most recent experience with Braintree? I am looking for a good merchant who can process credit card payments for a dropshipping ecommerce website. In general - flipping items from AliExpress to the USA.

Thanks
      Last edited by magnificent.time; 10-27-2016, 12:16 AM.

Comment

What I like best about Braintree is no monthly charges, no minimums. I maintain my account with them and even if I use them only once a month or not even for many months (I also have multiple PayPal accounts and my main processor is National Bankcard) still it remains open. It is one of the few that allow you to enter manually a card for processing online, such as for a telephone order.

You'll have problems with all of the processors if you claim to sell from AliExpress - so you'll need to follow my merchant tech support guide, which I believe you have, to get approved.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Thanks as usual for your prompt response. And sadly, I do have the Merchant Tech Support guide, but it's quite outdated and it follows 2 main approaches, which are FirstData and Auction Checkout (out of business).

Quick Disclaimer - I will NOT claim anywhere on the site that I am using AliExpress. I am just kindly informing anyone that shipping usually takes anywhere between 10-20 days, but they will all get a tracking number.

The downside with me is the following - I have to use WooCommerce and no matter, which payment processor I go with, I must RETURN buyers to the /THANK-YOU page, because this is where the Facebook Pixel will fire and a conversions (purchase) will be made and it's important for the overall success of the ads I'll be running.

Comment

Well as you know all Modeeworld documents/guides are updated constantly, some as often as weekly, even daily. National Bankcard has been the recommendation for some years now.

Well it depends. The order entry itself must happen on the third party website unless you have https and set it up that way, but after the order is completed with most processors you may set it up to go back to a Thank You / landing page on your own website.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I have HTTPS on all stores that I operate, so what would you recommend my case?

You can PM me!

Thanks

Comment

Same - National Bankcard - but to set up your own payment page and so on would be a custom tech support. Thanks!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

The question that I have before jumping on the support ticket is: Do I need an US company to apply with National Bankcard or I can use a DBA or company outside the US (e.g. from my country in European Union)

Thanks

Comment

For National Bankcard, you will need a US social security number for the individual applying. For all US credit card processors (except for large, established corporations) the application is based on the individual applying, not the company. In other words, the company matters not much at all, unless you're talking about a company which is so large and well known that obviously the processing will need to be done in a corporate capacity only.

But even, for example, a franchise of a large corporation - you'll find the processing account applied in the individual franchisee's name.

Just trust me on this - in the U.S. it is very hard to get corporate only credit for other than Fortune 500 companies. I have done it for my companies in the past, but it is rare.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                    X