Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling to raise selling limits? on a Stealth account - good idea? Can it be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling to raise selling limits? on a Stealth account - good idea? Can it be done?

I've been wondering about this for a while and thought I'd ask here...

Account is Canadian - w/ 10 seller feedback (all positive). I was wondering if I could call into eBay and ask about having the limits raised (currently 30/$2k). I would say that I'm in need of selling xx item and offer to show the receipt for it which shows the price of around $5,000 (or I could send in 2 that total to ~ $8k). Would this raise my limit? I have done it a while ago for a legit account however I'm a little hesitant to do it with a Stealth account this time, in case they also asked for ID and a bank statement (I might be able to find a way to supply those, but still).

Any feedback on this would be appreciated. I've gotten a few opinions on this already and they were mostly positive. Just looking for a few others opinion on it. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by rza; 12-13-2012, 01:38 AM.

It's a very tricky process and not one I would even undertake without first engaging tech support to understand what kinds of questions are asked, and to determine if your account was properly created in the first place and can sustain this kind of scrutiny.

If your account was not created using the techniques of the Short List - then forget it, you'll never raise your selling limits and probably just get shut down after making the call.

I've scrutinized the "techniques" (I use the term loosely, because most of the "stealth guides" out there, and especially "Ebay Stealth" by aspkin, are very dated) in all of the other guides out there, and their methods of account creation just won't work with the new forms of scrutiny Ebay employs. Plus the Short List is updated almost daily, which means it stays ahead of Ebay and not behind.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

It is possible to raise the limit on a Stealth Account - MC999

I made the call recently on a Modee Short List created account. I have noted, in the latest version of the Short List, exactly what kind of questions are asked and how to get through them. End result:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MC999_sellinglimitsraised.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	70210

Success! An MC999 is not always a bad email - it is sent when limits are raised too. And I didn't even push for a limit increase - I acted like I didn't need one, except to overcome a certain issue I had been encountering - which is part of why I got it I am sure.

When do bankers fall over themselves to lend you money? When you need it least or at least, they THINK you need it least.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Selling limits doubled - without even asking!

Not only were my selling limits doubled after I made the above call - but even though the Ebay representative told me that I could get no further limit increases for at least 30 days, less than a week after I made this call my limits were doubled AGAIN - without my even asking.

It all has to do with WHAT you tell them, and HOW the account was created. These techniques are all in the latest version of the Short List.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X