Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot buyers - Non paying buyers - Complaints - talk about your Bad Buyer experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modee
    replied
    And then we have the cheapskate buyers who think you are somehow pulling something by obeying the law and charging state sales tax for shipments to your own state.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    What's really annoying is the inability for us sellers to leave negative feedback even for deadbeat bidders who never pay. Sure, they get a strike in the unpaid buyer process, but what is that? No one sees it and it doesn't even matter unless the deadbeat gets two or more of them.

There is something we sellers can do now to bad buyers though:
    Names and Identifying information of BAD PROBLEM BUYERS - warn sellers of bad eggs! - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Idiot buyers - Non paying buyers - Complaints - talk about your Bad Buyer experiences - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

(Post #10 of this thread.)

Leave a comment:

• topseller
    replied
    Annoying potential buyer.

An ebayer questioned my item listing details, so I responded to her and then blocked her. She responded with, "You blocked me when I only asked a simple question. Do you really think people have one user ID?".

Since then, I blocked another ebayer for the same reason and she contacted ebay questioning why her high bid was not accepted. She still has not figured out that I blocked her and just keeps up with the questions about restrictions on my store about bidders. She's also clearly upset.

How do I get rid of these annoying pests?

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    You need tech support to learn sophisticated techniques such as suspending buyers. Can be done - easily.

Leave a comment:

• lanastar
    replied
    how did you done this? can you tell?

Leave a comment:

• lanastar
    replied
    Originally posted by Modee View Post
    I decided to take matters into my own hands. Got the buyer suspended. Wasn't easy since I had to find a way for an overseas IP address local to her, but how sweet it is!
    how you done this? if i know IP somebody can i do this too?

Leave a comment:

• L67
    replied
    Definately, especially high end stuff. PLEASE use a method covered by PP seller protection. Plenty more scamming buyers where this one came from sadly...

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Very good. This is just advice to all of us to ship all credit card paid items with delivery or signature confirmation.

Leave a comment:

• L67
    replied
    Ah Modee, you must have good Mojo. Got an email from PP tonight saying the money has been released and the dispute closed. From start to finish took about 18 days.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Keep us posted on what happens with your Seller Protection claim with PayPal. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• L67
    replied
    Oh yeah shes a piece of work alright. If she wasnt on the other side of Australia I would have just gone around and taken the item back. Theft from individuals is low as it gets IMO.

Funnily enough, I had a further $800 "in transit" from PP to my bank at the time I closed the bank account. I waited a week for it to bounce back into PayPal and it didnt. I rang the bank and it was sitting in a closed account lol. Over the phone, they reopened it and I tranferred the funds out and then they closed it again.

Paypal will not get any money out of me, but I'm still pretty angry about it all the same. I ignored my gut instinct and it bit me.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Yes, very sad that people would rip you off like that. The lowest form of property crime is an individual stealing from other another individual.

Leave a comment:

• L67
    replied
    Originally posted by Modee View Post
    One thing I am not clear on - if the PP was left in the red, that implies that PP did not get the money out of you, so how are you out anything? I mean sure PP considers that you owe them, but did they actually get the $1750. out of your bank account before it was closed?

On thos situation if you shipped with online trackable signature confirmation, the PayPal Seller Protection Policy should apply.
    Youre right, its only as far as PP are concerned. I guess I'm VIRTUALLY out $1756 (dont ask me what the extra $6 comes into it). I did close the account AFTER I transferred out of PP and no, they have not had any real world at call cash out of me. As it stands I am down because I cant accept any funds into that PP account as it will just fall into the red hole of my negative balance.

I know I should be covered under seller protection, but the fact remains that until this is sorted, I'm a bit stuck with this PP account. PLUS, I hate the fact somebody ripped me off!! If it was one of 200 laptops I was selling, big deal, I would factor those losses into my margin, but this was a one-off personal item. It stings a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Ah, I feel for you. Yes, as noted here:
    Comparing Google Checkout and PayPal - entering tracking #s and other comparisons - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    PayPal is much worse for chargebacks than Google Checkout.

Plus as noted here, PP is so bad that even when the buyer himself withdrew a chargeback, PP tried to hold on to the money:
    PayPal Chargeback where the buyer withdraws the complaint - crooked PayPal! - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

You might want to also check this out
    Reporting bad customers into a database - reporting customers who do chargebacks - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    although really that is more for "legitimate" buyers who do unethical chargebacks. Your situation was out and out fraud!

One thing I am not clear on - if the PP was left in the red, that implies that PP did not get the money out of you, so how are you out anything? I mean sure PP considers that you owe them, but did they actually get the $1750. out of your bank account before it was closed?

In this situation if you shipped with online trackable signature confirmation, the PayPal Seller Protection Policy should apply.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X