X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBay Asks Users to Change Password After Breach

EBay Asks Users to Change Password After Breach - ABC News

This has twofold relevance to us:

1 - Change your Ebay password, now! so some cybercriminal doesn't access it!

2 - Ebay will be more on the alert for hijacked accounts, and innocent users who login to their Ebays from IP addresses that do not match prior ones used may get locked out. In other words, over the next weeks be aware that Ebay will be more vigilant with verifying account uses.

Be mindful of cookies and flash objects - do not delete them unless you must (because of multiple Ebay account use on the same browser), because EBay does use these to feel comfortable about prior use of an account.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

2 months after this has happened. eBay is truly a company full of scum.

Comment

Not that we believe them, but Ebay claims that they thought that the data was safe, even after they discovered the breach in May 2014
      Exclusive: EBay initially believed user data safe after cyberattack - Yahoo Finance
      Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
      Modee Tech Support

Comment

I actually have an old account that's about 10 years old just got terminated pretty much. Wasn't doing anything wrong, as it was legit with all my actual info. I got "you have reached your limits this month. come back next month or call to raise your limits". It's been 2 months, and i haven't called nor do i plan too

I got the message to change my password. Clicked the send to email, and never got an email. Tried 3 different times and nothing

Comment

Working...
        X