Shill bidding - don't do it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shill bidding - don't do it!

One of the worst things you can do is shill bid on your own accounts. In the end, it is more or less like shooting yourself in the foot.

Research shows that auctions that are left alone generate more interest and END at a HIGHER price when the price goes up incrementally and naturally.

Sudden price increases tend to turn off buyers, and you may end up with a lower closing price.

Not to mention that fact that unless done VERY carefully, shill bidding will result in suspension of your EBAY accounts, and getting them all linked to together - which will give EBAY even more data on what you do, and what to look out for as you try to create stealth accounts in the future.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Shill Bidding on eBay: A Case Study

For any eBay “buyers” that are still interested I have done a major update to my detailed case study of shill bidding on eBay and the abuse of eBay’s proxy bidding system—all exacerbated by eBay’s introduction of “hidden bidders”—and a detailed comment on eBay’s apparent attitude thereto, still at
    Page not found - EcommerceBytes
    Also now included is a postscript containing a response from eBay to a journalist who put the matter of these cases of shill bidding to eBay. Apparently, whereas they will not tell a reporting eBay user anything, they will give an investigative journalist a response—even if it is disingenuous.

Comment

I hope you all are being entertained by the current eBay/eDropOff/McFadden shill bidding drama.

Google: edropoff + ebay + "shill bidding"

"Reality TV Star Accused of eBay Shill Bidding Sues Her Accuser"
      Reality TV Star Accused of eBay Shill Bidding Sues Her Accuser

"eBay Account Rep Defends Reality TV Star Accused of Shill Bidding"
      eBay Account Rep Defends Reality TV Star Accused of Shill Bidding

Where it all started on the Purse Forum at thread
      Edropoff consignment? - PurseForum

eBay introduces absolute anonymity for (shill) bidders
      eBay introduces absolute anonymity for (shill) bidders - EcommerceBytes Discussion Boards

eBay-Facilitated Shill Bidding Fraud on eBay Auctions: Case Study #1
      Shill Bidding on eBay: a Case Study #1 - EcommerceBytes Discussion Boards

Comment

Searched Schilling Post, Can't Find It, Sorry if Redunant Question

I was wondering if I was schilled on an item on eBay and should I report the Seller?

There was a rose scented bath gel I wanted. I bid on it and close to the end of the auction, I was outbid, so I placed another higher bid and the competing Buyer placed a higher bit on it and it closed and I lost the auction.

A few days later I received notice in my eBay email linked account that the item was relisted and that I had another opportunity to win it. Was I schilled on this bath gel?

Does the bath gel incident seem suspicious? Why was it relisted if someone wanted to outbid me so badly on it?

Thanks,

Junie

Comment

I suppose you could check to see if the final buyer actually posted feedback for the win, but if seller and bidder are the same person (or in cahoots) it will be difficult to prove what happened.

One way is to somehow obtain emails from them both, which is more difficult than it sounds as the Ebay system (and Ebayers themselves) are not conducive to email - as opposed to Ebay messages which everyone seems to do these days instead of direct email, and then compare the X-Originating IP addresses on the emails to determine if they came from the same IP address. Even that method doesn't seem to work with GMAIL, as with gmail the X-Originating IP address is Google's rather than the sender's.
          Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
          Modee Tech Support

Comment

Modee:

Thank you again.

Junie

Comment

And the ugly reality for consumers dealing with the eBafia/PreyPal complex ...
              “Shill Bidding Fraud on eBay: Case Study #5” ...
              Shill Bidding on eBay: Case Study #5 - EcommerceBytes Discussion Boards

Comment

Simply put, eBay Inc. is demonstrably the greatest calculated criminal facilitator of auction "wire fraud" on consumers that the world is ever likely to know ... Shill Bidding on eBay: Case Study #5 - EcommerceBytes Discussion Boards

“The secret of success is sincerity; once you can **** that you've got it made”—Jean Giraudoux ...
                Keep working at it John Donahoe, you have a good way yet to go ... Leading in Crises: Personal Stories - 4 - YouTube

Comment

The latest on the eDropOff "shill bidding" matter ...

This matter demonstrates that, in fact, eBay is the greatest calculated facilitator of auction shill bidding "wire fraud" on consumers that the world is ever likely to know ...

The ugly reality for consumers dealing with the clunky, manipulative, unscrupulous, and atrophying, eBay/PayPal complex ...
                  "eBay-Facilitated Shill Bidding Fraud on eBay Auctions: Case Study #5" ... Shill Bidding on eBay: Case Study #5 - EcommerceBytes Discussion Boards

Comment

Working...
                  X