Pre 11/07 created EBAY account vs newer account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 11/07 created EBAY account vs newer account

The reason I want a pre 11/07 account to avoid getting paid in my Paypal account.

I have read good things about cartmanager sending auto invoices which is good, but cant I use a merchant account on a newer ebay account without faxing ebay cause you can still send auto invoices at auction close. Right?

I still have alot to learn about merchant accounts to use them on ebay with a pre11/07 acct and newer accounts also.

My question is; Do I need to buy this account? It seems like ppl with newer accounts can still have merchant accounts and invoicing customers. And they dont even have to fax info to ebay. If this is true, then please tell me the difference between a new ebay accnt and why I should buy a pre11/07 one.

Thanks.

You emailed me some personal details about this account - to analyze the buyer (whom I happen to know personally), and whether the account is worth anything, and specific details on how to get the merchant account approved for this or any EBAY account, consider hiring me.

As far as the general details, YES there is a definite benefit to getting a pre 11/2007 account. As noted:
    Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    in most cases with pre 11/2007 accounts (that were PROPERLY created) you will be able to click to use a merchant account and not have to FAX anything to EBAY for verification.

On newer (created after 11/2007) accounts, you will ALWAYS be asked to verify with docs.

This verification process is difficult, and in most cases EBAY will not approve you.

Cartmanager - to use a pun you are putting the cart before the horse. Cartmanager is a tool to facilitate using your merchant account with EBAY. Consider the "horse" as your payment processor. Cartmanager has nothing to do with payment processing per se, and nothing to do with the EBAY approval process.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

This gets to another issue: if any of you have pre 11/2007 accounts, I would strongly suggest getting the approved for merchant account use, and linking them with a cartmanager account, before the iron curtain comes down and EBAY starts making this even more difficult.

We already know about change in the wind:
      Integration in 2009 - third party checkout and non-PayPal processors - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I have heard ppl talk about auto invoicing their customers on ebay and they do this with a new account.

I am led to believe they are doing this without faxing info to ebay.

If this is true - I would like to know how this can be done also - Or am I/they still wrong?

Comment

Auto invoicing just means that at auction's close buyers are sent invoices. Cartmanager does that.

Has nothing to do with the approval process for getting EBAY to allow you to sell without PayPal.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X