• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low detailed seller ratings? Low DSR - What to do? How to raise DSRs

Pop up this message when i try to list new item

"
    Important Message
    At least one of your Detailed Seller Ratings has fallen below the required minimum Seller Performance Standard of 4.3. (Your ratings can be viewed in your Seller Dashboard.)

What this means

When one or more ratings is below 4.3, your listings may appear lower in search results and you won't be able to register new accounts until your ratings in all four categories are 4.3 or above. If any of your ratings falls below 4.1, you won't be able to list new items.

We know you care about your customers, and understand that these things happen. We’d like to help you get your Detailed Seller Ratings back up where they belong.

Use our customer-satisfaction guidelines to help raise your ratings.

See more tips on how to create and maintain a great buyer experience.

Review the eBay Seller Performance policy. "

I just got 4.1 point at this Shipping and handling charges.

I'm really worry it. IS there any way to raise my ratings?

Can i list my item ? REally worrying suspend if i try to list more 10 item.

Any information?

I agree! You have a LOT to worry about. If you were a PowerSeller, dropping below 4.5 even would put your PS status in jeopardy.

There are several things you can do:

1) Include a sticker that you attach to each shipment reminding, nicely, buyers to leave you feedback and FIVE STARS. The exact wording you use depends slightly on what you are selling, and how much room you have on the label.

2) Put verbiage in your listings that explains WHY you charge what you charge for shipping, handling, packaging, and WHY you charge more for international buyers. Again, depends on what you are selling, methods of packaging, and what shipping methods you use, and from where you ship.

3) Give people follow up emails to ask for feedback if they do not leave it, and make certain it is worded very nicely and cheerfully.

4) If any potential customers send you emails prior to auction's close nitpicking about your shipping costs, asking for some kind of multiple item discount you do not give, or anything else that red flags them as problem customers, BLOCK THEM immediately. Those are the type who will give you bad DSRs if they win the auctions, and maybe even neutral or negative feedback.

5) Monitor, in your Power Seller seller dashboard, your DSR ratings, to see if anyone lately has given you 1s or 2s in any category. If you do this diligently, you may be able to figure out which exact buyer just tagged you with bad ratings, and block him from future purchases.

6) To get your SHP (shipping handling packaging) DSRs up immediately, Start running some inexpensive items with FREE SHIPPING. Ideally, no reserve starting price a penny or 99 cents. You might even lose money on those items, but those will get your DSRs up there quickly.

Besides the above, there is also some VERY important specific wording that I put on my listings that pretty much makes a buyer understand that the end price is all that matters, not the SHP charges.

These are the basics. To custom tune a campaign to get your DSRs up there, or to stem this downward flow, you would have to hire me to analyze your particular situation.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Is it just waring message or acutal warning?

Is there any problem if i list more item?

I just listed 5 items yesterday. Everytime pop up that message.

Really scared ㅠ.ㅠ

Comment

Unfortunately, your account will be restricted soon if DSR stays that low. It is a real warning.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Really? I can't raise my rating if i do not list new item
          Just contact buyer who do not leave feedback and tell them?
          Is it only way ?

Comment

modee, what kind of wording do you use to make buyers understand that the total price is all that matters? I can't seem to get people to understand that no matter what I say.
            Buyers like to complain about the shipping amount after they win the auction, which I don't understand b/c it is there for them to see before they bid.

Comment

It's not really wise for me to get into too many details of exactly what wording I use in public. Anyone could Google it and then find my listings. I can help with this, and techniques to raise your DSRs even when restricted, via tech support. The wording you will need to use will also depend, as noted, on what you sell and where.

The methods listed above are pretty detailed, but for more detail and one on one help, PM me privately. Thanks.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

What is really bad about detailed seller ratings (DSRs) is that even a single 1 or 2 from a buyer will seriously lower your ratings.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Very Low Policy Compliance

Hi,

I recently got a 7 day selling suspension for trademark violations.

The 7 days have now passed but my 'Policy Compliance' remains 'Very Low'.

*Does this eventually go back to normal after a certain time?
                  *Is it safe to list other items that were not taken down, or is it best to leave the account alone?

The account is really strong with above average DSR's, 260 FB all at 100%, so I don't want to jeopardize the account by listing too early.

Thanks.

Comment

Each category in the Seller's Dashboard operates under a different time frame for when bad events cease to affect it.

Policy Compliance is a very simple - after you click the see more you will find a list of violations, and the date on which they expire.

As noted above, it is best to keep listing items to build up other categories under the Seller Dashboard, and raise DSRs in general.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

i went through the SDB, but could only find a date when the limitation would end. there is no information regarding when the 'Very Low' policy compliance would be removed?

i'm sure they used to give you a period of days (30/60/90)?

i am scared to list items (other than the ones that forced the suspension) in case the account gets permanently suspended?

Comment

They do not inform you when the 'Very Low' policy compliance will be removed. What I said was that next to each infraction there is a date when the infraction will expire.

Also, for example, when it comes to low DSRs, these are calculated over a four week period. So obviously four weeks after someone tags you with low DSRs, the low numbers will no longer be included in your DSR calculation.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

5 star dsr

How does a buyer give me a 5 star DSR? I asked them to kindly do this for me not knowing myself how to do it. So they wrote me back asking me how. Can you tell me step by step so I can pass it on to them?

Also, I got paid for her item and withdrew it so it would go to my bank account. that happened Thursday and it said "pending". Well today(Saturday) it said completed but i am still due to see the money. Do I need to wait till Monday or Tuesday?

Comment

When she leaves feedback she will be asked to leave the DSR ratings. So if she knows how to leave feedback (just click the blue Leave Feedback link on the auction listing), she will understand how to leave the DSRs.

Once the PP account shows the transaction as completed that means it will definitely make it to your bank account, although if PayPal claims fraud believe it or not they can STILL reverse it back out of your account.

Yes, it does take an additional business day or so past when PP shows as completed for the funds to hit your bank account.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

New requirements for Power Sellers in April 2010

On April 20, 2010, the requirements for the "Above Standard" rating will become stricter:

Allowable low ratings (defined as 1s and 2s from buyers in your own country - ratings from buyers outside of your own country USUALLY do not count - depending on what country you are in)

Item as Described: 1.00% or (3) by count
                              Communication: 2.00% or (3) by count
                              Shipping Time: 2.00% or (3) by count
                              Shipping and Handling charges: 2.00% or (3) by count

This is roughly twice as strict as the existing criteria.

If you drop below these - you will not even be allowed to be a Power Seller, PERIOD! So to be a PS you must at least have "Above Standard" ratings.

See also:
                              Ebay new discounts for powersellers, BUT ALSO new requirements / policies for ALL - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                              X