Bad sellers - discuss issues complaints bad experiences with SELLERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad sellers - discuss issues complaints bad experiences with SELLERS

As I've posted elsewhere on here, I once had a seller who ripped me off on EBAY so fearful he was certain my investigator was peering into his apartment with binoculars from across the street. He refunded my money.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Bad sellers - discuss issues complaints bad experiences with SELLERS

hi guys,a seller has abused me, ebay have done nothing about it can anything be done?

Comment

Can you please elaborate on what and how the seller has abused you?

Comment

basically sent me a item with parts missing and demanded i leave pos feedback before the item had arrived so we agreed a very small partial refund to cover the missing bits but insted of sending it they launched in to a message war, i also recieved a feedback extorsion message that fleebay later retracted so i left a neg and they got that removed although i though the feedback was within ebay rules, so im a little fed up with it.

Comment

Demanding you leave feedback of any type before the item arrived is ridiculous.
          But I am curious, how did you know the item was defective before you received it?
          Please be honest here, we can't give honest help if the facts are skewed.

As for the feedback extortion, if what you say is true, then it was the seller that was guilty of the feedback extortion for demanding feedback before you received the item. Again curious, a seller can't leave a buyer nothing but a green donut and smiling remark, why would you be worried about what the seller would do if you didn't comply with their extorting demands?
          What was his demands? I make conjecture here, "If you don't leave me a positive feedback I won't issue you a refund." Something to this effect. Again this points to the possibility you had received the defective or incomplete item and contacted the seller for a resolution.

It is not feedback extortion to request a buyer leave feedback before a refund is processed, it is called leverage and it is the only leverage a seller does still have on ebay.

In the event you are made of this request, leave the fair and honest feedback and expect the seller to comply with their promised agreement. If they renege, then you can get ebay/paypal involved and result in a decision in your favor.

Ebay will not remove a buyer's feedback comments and score unless it meets a VERY NARROW qualification for feedback removal. You feedback comments must have crossed this very fine line.

Please fill us in on more specific details, cut & paste your messages sent back and fourth through the ebay message forward system. You did only communicate through ebay's message forward system didn't you? Ebay will not intervene in situations caused by or involving emails sent through personal or non-ebay messaging services.

Tell us the feedback comment, honestly and truthfully so we can evaluate what the possible reasons for removal may have been, or if it should have been left alone.

I am not trying to inflame you, but honesty is the best policy and with it you will get the best answers.

Thank you.
          Last edited by Sake-Pookie; 01-16-2010, 06:33 AM.

Comment

i didnt know the item was faulty(missing a lead and a faulty remote) before it arrived, they were demanding pos feedback for the payment to clear (which was news to me) before it arrived, my feedback comment was "item not as decribed, disgracfull customer service, disapointed"
            did that fall faul of the rules?

Comment

forgot to say also they left a follow up comment which i replied, "more lies seller sent many abusive messages, v disapointed"
              do you think it was the follow up?

Comment

Originally posted by noddy View Post
                i didnt know the item was faulty(missing a lead and a faulty remote) before it arrived, they were demanding pos feedback for the payment to clear (which was news to me) before it arrived, my feedback comment was "item not as decribed, disgracfull customer service, disapointed"
                did that fall faul of the rules?
                Nothing in those that should have been removed. I have been an ebay seller for many years and I know that it is nearly impossible to get a negative feedback removed except under very certain reasons.

Something must have happened, like a non-paying bidder disputer that you failed to respond to.

You remark about the demands of the seller for feedback doesn't make any sense. "they were demanding pos feedback for the payment to clear" What do you mean? How would your positive feedback cause the payment to clear?
                Evidently, the seller did file a non-paying bidder dispute and you failed to respond to it so your feedback comments were removed.

Comment

I get feedback removed all the time, feedback that is up to years old, that does not appear to fall under any proper category for removal.
                  Feedback removal - in the modern EBAY era - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
                  Maybe our seller friend here hired me to get it removed, or someone like me.
                  Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
                  Modee Tech Support

Comment

the seller was demanding me leave pos feedback before the item even arrived because ebay have a policy as they call it "high risk" (i assume high risk of a paypal claim) items that paypal withhold payment for 21 days or untill a feedback is left,

either the seller has a small feedback total or its a high risk item etc

this was news to me at the time. have you guys ever heard of this before?

Comment

btw there was no unpaid item dispute, i paid within minutes of winning in full via paypal!

Comment

I have heard of the high risk items, but as far as I am aware, feedback has nothing to do with the amount of time paypal will sit on a seller's money.

Comment

Working...
                        X