No announcement yet.

Ebay's Buyer Protection Policy reemerges - cases will be used to calculate DSRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay's Buyer Protection Policy reemerges - cases will be used to calculate DSRs

For a while now, Ebay has been taking a back seat to PayPal and other payment processors, allowing them to handle buyer disputes. (Before they did away with EBay buyer protection, Ebay's limit of liability was $200. less a $25. deductible.)

No more:
    eBay Money Back Guarantee policy

As long as your buyer pays with an Ebay approved payment method:
    Payment methods policy

Ebay now covers the full payment amount in not received and not as described disputes.

You do NOT want to end up in one of these disputes, especially if you end up losing:
    http://www.modeeworld.com/forums/for...-buyer-dispute

One nice thing at least is that for these Ebay disputes all sellers (not just Power Sellers) have the ability to phone in and discuss the matter with Ebay's customer service.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

A seller may have the ability to speak to customer service, but will this do any good? I hope it's better than the chat.

Comment

Keep in mind also that your Return Policy as stated in your auctions, even if this be one of NO RETURNS - does not exempt you from a buyer's "not as described" claim:
      http://www.modeeworld.com/forums/for...-return-policy

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Does the buyer protection cover concert tickets?

Comment

You're not supposed to even be selling most concert tickets on Ebay or anywhere else anymore. The laws vary from state to state.
          Selling Custom Art Commissions? Drop Shipping? What is okay to sell on EBAY - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Assuming the sale is legal, yes the buyer could file a claim, sure. And if not legal, the buyer could definitely get his money back and get you suspended to boot unfortunately.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

how about

how about if your account goes NARU? will they still be covered?

Comment

Has nothing to do with it - Ebay will still cover the buyer and come after you for whatever they paid out.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Beginning September 2010 - Buyer Protection cases now a factor in seller performance

eBay.com : Summer 2010 Seller Update

All eBay sellers are expected to provide service that consistently results in a high level of buyer satisfaction. This includes setting and meeting buyer expectations and providing excellent customer service from beginning to end of a transaction.

The number of item not received or item not as described cases opened with eBay or PayPal is an important indication of overall buyer satisfaction on eBay. Many buyers who open cases never get to the point of leaving detailed seller ratings (DSRs). That's why, starting in September 2010, along with low DSRs (1s and 2s), these cases will be used in evaluating seller performance and determining seller status.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I don't know why they say September, they are usinG them NOW , when you call cust serv & talk to them they look at those

Comment

Some buyers are as ignorant and stupid as ever! They open disputes for the smallest things that could've been taken care of by a simple email.
                    ~I Wholesale BlackBerry Unlock Codes~
                    Make Money On Ebay and Sell BlackBerry Unlock Codes
                    You Can Sell These Unlock Codes Any Where Around the World
                    Make An Extra $500-$1,000 A Month!
                    PM Me for Pricing Or If You Have Any Questions

Comment

Originally posted by John14789 View Post
                      Some buyers are as ignorant and stupid as ever! They open disputes for the smallest things that could've been taken care of by a simple email.
                      I have to agree with you there, this is exactly what has led me to a susp + a few dings in the long shipping time , even though my FB was 99.2%, nearly 6000 fb and a history of selling spanning 8 years.

A few dumb buyers who are too stupid to click " ask seller a question" , or even read the listing in the first place, and you are out of business.

Comment

The latest version of the Ebay Buyer Protection policy is here:
                        eBay Buyer Protection

As long as you pay for the item with PayPal or some other Ebay approved method you are covered, within certain other technical guidelines such as you submit your case for buyer protection within 45 days from the date of payment (7 days for event Tickets), you paid in one lump payment, the item is not excluded and the dispute is in what is called "good faith" which means basically that you have a legitimate grievance, such as non-receipt or an item which is significantly not as described.

Now, the Ebay policy does state that even if all you have is "buyer's remorse" and nothing is wrong with the product, they will try to help you, but that depends in most cases on the level of cooperation of the seller, and if he doesn't want to refund you and has a clear no refund policy on his listings (within the limits of what Ebay will allow - they frown on no refund policies) or the item is something that would be difficult for him to resell for the same price once you receive it and, say, open it, then you probably won't get your money back in buyer's remorse situations.

Note that if you file a chargeback with your credit card, the Ebay buyer protection will not apply and you are on your own with the card company. Long ago, chargebacks were almost always decided in the buyer's favor, but nowadays banks, who do not want to be left holding the bag in case they cannot collect from the seller, are increasingly siding with sellers except in cases of non-receipt or forgery.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

On a recent Ebay buyer claim for non-receipt (impatient foreign buyer filed an EBAY claim for non-receipt, even though I had shipped the item), I was able to get Ebay to cover the claim but cough up the funds from their side so that I lost nothing. Just a matter of knowing how to deal with Ebay.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	EbayBuyerDisputePaid.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	70200

Now I have the buyer, who thinks I covered the reimbursement, standing by to double pay me once the item arrives, because she feels bad that I was tagged.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Ebay Buyer Protection - now called Ebay Money Back Guarantee

Ebay Buyer Protection - now called Ebay Money Back Guarantee - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                            X