Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am being called a thief and liar in abusive emails from EBAY buyer - what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am being called a thief and liar in abusive emails from EBAY buyer - what to do?

"I am being called a thief and liar in abusive emails from EBAY buyer - what to do?"

I understand that these are not feedback remarks.

If these messages are being sent through the EBay system, they are documented.

In that case, you can report the buyer to Ebay for threatening you and so on, and hope Ebay will take some action against the EBAYer.

If the messages are being sent via regular email, long story short, Ebay will not get involved and unless these emails rise to the level of death threats, for the most part neither will anyone else care to take any action.

Of course you have the option of hiring me via tech support to get the individual SUSPENDED off Ebay!
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Would you say these are grounds for persueing from what i have said?

here was the message-
      I don't even think that a buyer should have to ask if a (item) is genuine or not, when buying off of Ebay! As for leaving things at that, I don't think so, and I don't give a fig what comments you leave on ebay about me. You have riped me off to the sum of $89.00 or £55.20, do you really think im gonna let things rest ? THINK AGAIN, YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A CONMAN AND A THEIF.

and the latest from today.

I am not threatening you. As I stated to you, I thought I had found genuine article's, why should I have any doubt's with products for sale on Ebay, when Ebay state's that no unauthorized/ goods will be allowed for sale on Ebay.
      Also I will not return the package until I have received a full refund. If I sent them back prior to receiving a refund, you could deny all knowledge of them. The items in the package were as I thought I was buying and they will certainly be sent back to you in the next availible post after full refund is received.
      As for complaints to Ebay, I will be lodgeing a complaint against you first thing on monday, if we cannot sort this out.

Comment

What I posted above stands.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Would i need to contact you personally to talk more about this matter?

Comment

Not really - I mean unless you want to try to suspend the buyer, what I wrote above is all you need to know.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I had a similar experience recently. I offered a full refund as soon if the buyer returned the item. He did NOT return it to the correct address and did not require a signature. He sent it to my summer address in International Falls, MN even though I sent it from Austin and required him to send it back here. It would have sat on my porch in Minnesota all winter if I did not have somebody go pick it up and mail it to me here in Texas.

I called eBay and complained. They canceled his complaint against me but let his negative Feedback stand. I eventually got the item back and never refunded his money - I think eBay gave him his money back since they were trying to get me to pay them but like I said they cancelled his complaint and did not require me to repay them.

I think if your buyer refuses to return the item, you will not have to give a refund. eBay does require some proof from buyer that he has returned an item before they get involved. The folks I talked were very reasonable. You will probably be stuck with his negative Feedback but you get a chance to reply. I will wear mine as a red badge of courage. It will be a bookend to the very first Feedback I ever got which was also a negative. But two out of 20,000 ain't bad.

Comment

Working...
              X