Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eBay's latest User Agreement - eBay screening messages more closely for circumvention buying outside eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay's latest User Agreement - eBay screening messages more closely for circumvention buying outside eBay

User Agreement

Of particular note to us are the changes that eBay has utilized to try to:

• Make it clearer how eBay addresses attempts to bypass its policy on Offers to buy or sell outside eBay.

• Scan and block member-to-member messages sent through eBay's platform to prevent fraud or violations of eBay policies.

Basically eBay is now filtering more closely for certain buzzwords and bits of email addresses that you might utilize try to sneak into communications, as buyers or sellers attempt to complete deals outside of eBay. Yes, eBay is desperate for that 10% commission and doesn't want to let go of it.

I've had success, as a buyer, with separating the email address into two separate messages, for example sending just the words

modeeworld at

in one email

and then just the word

gmail

in the next.

Or, if you have an email address that consists of your eBay username, send one eBay message that says

email me at my username at

and a second eBay message that says simply

gmail

You get the idea. But eBay is going to be looking out more closely at these messages, so, beware! and be careful.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Yeah you're right
    Sometimes it says a big warning about it'll even assess fees if it thinks you did anything outside
    Does sending information like that on jpegs still work? That's what I use to do

Comment

You must divide up the email into two or three separate emails, and even then eBay might get wise to it. You must not mention much other than just your email address, and ask the seller to contact you.
      Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
      Modee Tech Support

Comment

You must divide up the email into two or three separate emails, and even then eBay might get wise to it. You must not mention much other than just your email address, and ask the seller to contact you.
        Thanks for advice.
        Last edited by newzzlery; 08-17-2019, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X