Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restricted from Ebay selling for NO reason whatsoever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricted from Ebay selling for NO reason whatsoever!

Hi all, I am new to the forum and found this site just like everyone else... Through restriction of my seller account.
    I have been an eBay member since 2005 and didn't really start selling much until earlier this year.
    I started selling Tshirts and was making 10$ per shirt which was great until I got hit with a trademark notice from eBay. I corrected the listings and went on my way. Avoiding stock photos and using my own, etc.....
    I became a Powerseller in July and had 380 feedback, all positive and 100% rating. Lowest DSR was a 4.8 for shipping cost.
    One afternoon I received an email from eBay saying my selling account was restricted until some info can be verified.
    No problem, I called and they said "send us some receipts to prove your shirts are authentic"! I sent them 2 months worth of statements from my CC and receipts to verify everything.
    I didn't hear anything back in 48 hrs and my account was still restricted. I called again and they said to appeal the restriction that is 7 days.
    I appealed and then was sent an email saying since I appealed, my account was restricted indefinitely!
    Say what???

I talked with the trust and safety dept where the "tech" there did nothing but send me an email stating I was restricted indefinitely and my selling practices were fishy and that I had buyers complaining and low DSR.
    That's impossible as I have no complaints, no low dsr's, etc.....

What do I do now?? Buy and account or what? I need help and advice here please! Why does eBay not have like a probation period?

Anyway, sorry for being so long but I wanted to tell my story!

Essentially Ebay believes that you were selling tee shirts that contain copyrighted or trademarked images or text. Are they right?
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

They were Chive shirts and I purchased them directly from The Chive. It is LEGAL to sell them. The only thing I can't do is sell ****S which mine are not.
      I used a couple stock photos and sometimes their description.
      It is perfectly legal to sell any name brands as long as they are not counterfeit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cwindham74 View Post
        One afternoon I received an email from eBay saying my selling account was restricted until some info can be verified.
        No problem, I called and they said "send us some receipts to prove your shirts are authentic"! I sent them 2 months worth of statements from my CC and receipts to verify everything.
        I didn't hear anything back in 48 hrs and my account was still restricted. I called again and they said to appeal the restriction that is 7 days.
        I appealed and then was sent an email saying since I appealed, my account was restricted indefinitely!
        feel your pain.. i was selling used clothes... and sporting equipment.... ebay pulled the rug out from under me...claiming i was a " unauthorized reseller".... what the hell does that mean? never could get my account back...Modee has the best help for you, i believe...He's the only one with the creditibility i would trust...

Comment

There are lot of counterfeit Chive shirts. It's not clear how you can buy Chive shirts from Chive and then re-sell them for a profit - and at the end of the day, that may be why Ebay tagged you to begin with. Many sellers present stories about how they buy the goods "out the back door" of the manufacturer's supplier which is a euphemism for counterfeits that do not come from the manufacturer at all.

Another potential issue is that some manufacturers do not allow anyone other than authorized resellers or themselves to sell their goods. An example would be Louis Vuitton, that allows only itself to sell their new (as in unused) items, with an allowance for owners who which to re-sell in small quantities the unused items they own. Christian Audigier is another that allows only their own reps to sell their goods, except again for small quantities resold by the original buyer.

In any case, what I suggest is contacting me for tech support to get the account reinstated. Thanks.
          Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
          Modee Tech Support

Comment

Chive Tshirts are hard to get when they sell. I but them for 28$ and sell them for 38-48$. Depends on the auction and interest in the shirts. I'm not making much after eBay fees but I buy in bulk so it adds up.

Comment

Working...
            X