Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delete my Ebay account before possible restriction/suspension - then create new ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete my Ebay account before possible restriction/suspension - then create new ones?

wondering , what are the downsides to deleting a current ebay account to avoid possible suspension and or selling restrictions then going and creating a new one?
    Also have another account, would deleting one affect the other in any way ?
    Thanks.

Closing the account will not delete the account information, which remains on file forever with Ebay/PayPal. In other words, closing will have no affect on your ability to create or not create future UNLINKED accounts - your future accounts will remain linked to the closed one if you create new ones using the same identifying information. Also that account you retain (keep open) will remain linked to the closed one.

However, I suppose that since the closed account was not yet suspended, Ebay would not hold it against you yet that you had this now closed account. When you are suspended from Ebay you are banned from creating any new accounts. This ban should not apply since you were not yet suspended.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response.
      I may go ahead and close the one acct. that has a few dings then for am seeing where ebay is suspending a lot of folks who's DSR's are really not that bad. ( may be some more factors figured into those equations, not sure )

I just want to be sure that once I initiate the closing process that they can not try and suspend me during the waiting period required for closing an acct.
      I do have a few feedbacks possibly coming my way so I guess they will keep my waiting period open until those 60 days has passed for those buyers of mine to leave feeback.
      I really need at least one account there so may not even open another one after the closing of the one in question .

Thanks again, so glad I found this place !

Comment

Originally posted by matty View Post

I just want to be sure that once I initiate the closing process that they can not try and suspend me during the waiting period required for closing an acct.
        Of course they may suspend you during that time, and there is no relevance to the above answer except for once the account is closed.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

"there is no relevance to the above answer except for once the account is closed. "

I'm not quite sure I totally understand what you mean by that ?

Thanks again!

Comment

If they suspend you before your account is closed, then you will have accomplished nothing is what I mean. But whether you escape suspension or not, the account information will remain on file.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X