Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MC___ suspension / restriction CODES / NOTICES- what do the EBAY CODES/NOTICES MEAN?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MC002 eBay Follow-Up on Unsuccessful Phone Call

Dear __________

We're writing to follow-up on a recent action taken on your account. Ideally, we would have liked to discuss this with you by phone, but a phone call wasn't possible in this case. (Out of consideration for our members, eBay has established guidelines around when we can place phone calls. For example, we don't call members after 9:00 PM.)

We do have some important information to share with you.

This notice has been duplicated to alert you to additional action that was taken on your account for recent policy violations. A few listings have been ended on your account. The call was intended to help clarify the Accepted Payment policies themselves.

Normally we would attempt to contact you by phone to inform you of this action; however, we are not able to do so at this time and wanted you to be informed. If you do have any questions, please call the eBay PowerSeller representatives. You can access the number through your PowerSeller portal page.

Thank you in advance for your time.

To review the rules for sellers, please visit:

Security Measure

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

lol - a violation for not answering a phone call - that was never made? Or is it a violation for their having decide to phone in, after regular business hours?
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

MC018 eBay Listing Removed: Accepted Payments

Dear ________________,

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

27036XXXXXXXX - _________________

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because the following information violates our policy:

Bank-to-bank wire transfers are no longer accepted payment methods on the site. Please revise your description before relisting.

We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Safety and convenience are the most important aspects of eBay's policy on payments. Our goal is to ensure safe online shopping and to encourage members to use online payment methods that are secure, easy to use, and reliable. They should also offer high levels of protection for both buyers and sellers.

Payment services that do not meet our guidelines for safe, convenient, and reliable online shopping are not permitted on eBay. If a member requests or uses a prohibited payment method, the member's listing will be removed.

To view the complete list of prohibited payment services and for more information on this eBay policy, please visit:

Security Measure

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

Your listing(s) may be eligible for relisting through My eBay. If your listing is eligible, you will see the listing in your Unsold Items page within My eBay. Listings that are not eligible for relisting will not be visible in the Unsold Items page.

To relist your item, sign in to eBay, go to My eBay to your Unsold items, and select the item that was canceled -- it's highlighted with a yellow banner. Before relisting, please make any changes necessary to ensure that your revised listing is in compliance with the law and eBay policies. You might want to check your other listings for similar violations as well.

You can review our listing removal policies and seller rules by clicking the links below.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust and Safety team

---

Bank Wire not allowed except in certain circumstances:
      Bank Wires, checks, money orders - allowed only in certain categories on EBAY now - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Modee Tech Support

Comment

MC071 FPA NOTICE B001: eBay Registration Suspension

Your eBay account has been suspended due to our concerns for the safety of the eBay Community.

All of your current listings have been removed from eBay, and any remaining fees that are on your account are due immediately. These fees will be charged using the billing method that you currently have on file.

Please note that you're not allowed to use eBay in any way during your suspension. This includes registering a new account or using another existing account. Doing so may result in your permanent suspension.

To have your account considered for reinstatement, please reply to this email. We will then contact you with a brief list of requirements that you'll need to take care of before we can consider reinstating your account.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

Any ideas...?Ive had 0 Policy violations

Comment

One thing this proves is that people who think that the lower numbered (e.g. 0 - 100) policy violations are less serious are wrong. The numeric value does not necessarily correspond to its severity.

This particular violation is a new form of "abusing EBAY." It basically means that EBAY is not going to tell you exactly what you did wrong. I can tell you that it usually has to do with sales or site practices that violate EBAY TOS. You will need tech support both to get to the bottom of this, and to try to get reinstated.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Hmmm..Can you gibe me an email or pm?
            Last edited by TheLegend; 06-17-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

MC017 FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement - xxxx

Hello xxxxx ([email protected]),

We're sorry to tell you that your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

You can appeal this suspension. If, once we review your appeal, we're confident that this activity doesn't put the community at risk, we'll be happy to reinstate your account. For information about how to appeal this suspension, please go to:

Suspended accounts

Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use eBay in any way. Any remaining selling fees are due right away. Amounts that you haven't already disputed will be charged to the billing method you selected.

We know that this action may present a major inconvenience for you, but our #1 priority is keeping the marketplace safe. Thanks for understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H14592
              dont know the reason
              hate ebay

Comment

Interesting, azlan you got a 017 suspension? Because one of my clients got a 017 listing violation.

If so, that REALLY means that EBay does not know what it is doing - can't even keep track of its own infraction codes!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

MC183 CIT NOTICE:Suspension Section 9 - What does this mean? What did i do wrong?

Can anyone plz help me? Woke up this morning to find out my all 3 accounts have been suspended. With my jaws dropped and had no clue why! I am in serious delirious:
                  2 instant problem:
                  1) All my customers who paid will be notified and this aint gonna be good as loads of email with "Did u sent my item yet" will pile my inbox

2) No idea how long the suspension duration is

So - first thing i did email all my customers saying not to worry as i posted their item and its on its way!

Then sent 3 emails to Trust & Safety Team for all 3 accounts asking for a right explanation!

Can anyone help I am frustrated and angry.

Comment

You need tech support, both to address the suspensions, and what to do now. Contacting Ebay may seem to be the right thing to do, but is usually the worst!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

MC999 Your action is needed -- please contact the buyer

MC999 Your action is needed -- please contact the buyer

Hi __________,

______________ contacted eBay Customer Support and told us that the item they received doesn't match the listing description. The member is planning on returning the item to you.

Here are the details:

Buyer: _________
                      Items and date of purchase:
                      270411________ __/06/2009

Please get in touch with the member within the next five business days to try to work things out. Hopefully you and the buyer can resolve the issue. We've let your customer know you will be in touch.

If you have any questions, please go to the eBay home page and click "Contact us" in the upper right corner.

Thanks in advance for addressing the buyer's concern and for your continued commitment to great customer service.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Support

For more information about eBay's process for resolving transaction issues, please go to eBay.

Please don't reply to this email. This mailbox isn't monitored and we're not able to respond. Instead, contact us at the phone number above.

H5XXXX

Lol now they have a code that means, "contact the buyer"? And by the way...what phone number above? :-) There is none listed.

I wonder if this is the "kinder, gentler" version of a "Significantly Not as Described" dispute.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

MC183 Notification of Limited Account Access OMARCP

I have been reading this forum and found it very informative and helpful.

Now, when I have a problem, I desided to join and seek help:

Have this limitation on my Ebay account. Cleared everything with PayPal, but limitation still remains active.

Ofcource I wrote to Trust & Safety, but had no respose just yet.

Any ideas how to go about this?

Thanks in advance.

MC183 Notification of Limited Account Access OMARCP

Dear XXX,

As part of our efforts to provide a safe and secure environment for the online community, we regularly screen account activity. While reviewing your PayPal and eBay accounts, we observed activity that we would like to further verify. For this reason, limitations have been placed on your account(s) until we are able to gather some additional information from you.

To resolve the account limitations, please complete the following steps:
                        1. Log into your PayPal account.
                        2. Click the "My Account" tab.
                        3. Click the "Resolution Center" subtab.
                        4. Go to the "Action" column.
                        5. Click the "Resolve" button and complete the requested steps on each lifting requirement outlined.

After we have gathered the necessary information, your account will be reviewed for reinstatement and you will be notified by email of our decision.

Please note that any selling fees owed to eBay may become due and payable. Any outstanding amounts owed will be debited from the billing method on file unless already disputed.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H41361

Comment

If you look up this thread, you will see that even among the few people who have posted here, you are not the first to get an MC183 suspension. You need tech support to address this. Please PM me.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I too have just received a MC081 FPA notice. My experience in the past has been that unless you are providing REAL information/documents then you may as well let the account go.

Modee, what are you views? The account is brand new and I got greedy with the number of listings (10 listings in the 1st week). Is it worth a tech support or should I forget it?

Comment

You can PM me to discuss, but reinstatements are a LOT of work. I don't charge much up front, but if we are successful, I ask for more.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

HELP MC081 CIT NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Breach of User Agreement-

Hi there,

I have used ebay for many years personally,

more recently I have set up another ebay account (business) and an ebay shop for the family buisness, we already have a store, and have decided to sell online....

all was going great had feedback of 12, and then this morning i i open the emails to recieve this>>>>>

MC081 CIT NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Breach of User Agreement-

Dear

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely due to concerns we have for the safety of the eBay community.

Why have we suspended your account?

From experience we know that certain items and actions are more closely associated with fraudulent activity on eBay than others. Under the eBay User Agreement we may suspend an account if we believe that the user may cause eBay or another eBay user financial loss or legal liabilities. You can read the User Agreement by copying this link into a new browser window:

Your User Agreement

You are prohibited from using eBay in any way, including registering new accounts. We have ended any open listings that you may have had.

Please be advised that this suspension does not relieve you of your obligation to pay any fees that you may owe to eBay.

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

H3408

I have tried talking to the ebay associates on livechat, and they say they are unable to help as it is only delt by eBay Trust & Safety, I have replied to the email recieved, to ask why my account has been suspended, and what can i do to reinstate it.

Any help would be greatly apprechiated, as I say, I am not even aware of the reason as to why the account has been suspended.

Many Thanks!!
                                Last edited by joloppy; 08-19-2009, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X