Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Your selling privileges have been restricted" - Ebay account suspended

Hi,
    My wife has a limited liability company and used to sell some items on eBay.
    "Your selling privileges have been restricted because our records show that your account is connected to an account that's already restricted or limited"

Now her account has been suspended and we cannot really understand why neither by chat or phone calls.
    They keep referring us to a webpage which is not of great help.
    eBay User Agreement

Do you have any experience with such controversies?
    They give exactly these copy-paste answers no matter how often you contact them via phone, direct chatting...

Any advice would be most welcome.

Regards

i will just paste the chat session since the attachment is always larger than the allowed size

Thomas Allen
    Welcome to eBay Live Help. I'm Thomas.
    Thomas Allen
    Hello Lin. Good afternoon. How may I help you?
    mutouyanglin
    Hi Thomas,
    I have created one and a half years ago an ebay PRIVATE account with mutouyanglin
    as username. It was suspended on the first of July and I was informed from later
    follow-ups that this was due to registration information discrepancies.
    I have never sold anything from this account because I forgot the email
    login/password information and the purpose of its creation was to buy not to sell
    anything.
    I have then created a new BUSINESS account this March 2013 (username:
    tingtingunitedkingdom) with my new company postal address which has created
    maybe these discrepancies between both.
    Any advice on how we could solve this problem because I am receiving the below
    message when I try to change my listings: "Your selling privileges have been
    restricted because our records show that your account is connected to an account
    that's already restricted or limited."
    Thomas Allen
    I am sorry to hear that your account has been suspended. Let me check into this for
    you.
    mutouyanglin
    thanks
    Thomas Allen
    Looking at your account, I can see that there are some serious policy breaches, so I'm
    afraid we won't be reinstating your account. You will find more details regarding this
    under the 'Abusing eBay' heading of the eBay User Agreement. To read this, please
    open a new window on your browser and copy this link into it:
    eBay User Agreement
    mutouyanglin
    could you please detail to me these breaches so i know what i shouldn't do next time?
    Because i can't figure out what are those breaches beside the address change?
    Thomas Allen
    It is our policy never to explain exactly what gave us cause for concern about a
    particular account, as this could help users intent on breaching our policies to avoid
    detection.
    mutouyanglin
    i have already checked this page and can't figure out what i did wrong
    Thomas Allen
    While we understand that you may not agree with our decision to suspend your
    account, please understand that this decision is final and will not be reversed.
    mutouyanglin
    i am a 27 y.o recently graduated chinese student from the university of Leeds, i
    always believe that i was undertaken honest behavior on your website... Is there really
    no way to solve this like have a face to face meeting at ebay physical address or so? i
    appreciate your advice
    Thomas Allen
    I can understand you’re disappointed as you can no longer use your eBay account
    and I’m sorry that there’s nothing more we can do at this point. Our decision not to
    reinstate your account is final.
    mutouyanglin
    thank you for your time
    Thomas Allen
    You're welcome. I understand. I do appreciate the time you've taken to contact us
    through this Live Chat.
    Thomas Allen
    Thank you for contacting eBay Live Help. May you have a wonderful day.
    Chat Session Ended, Goodbye. (5010)

You will need tech support to address the suspension issues on both accounts. Send me a PM.

This is a very common scenario and it is best that you address both accounts quickly and not make the situation worse by contacting EBay before certain important steps are taken.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X