Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basics to avoiding Suspension / Linking when you create a new EBAY / PayPal account

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pls help tech dummy! How do I keep most of my details private as a seller on eBay+PP

Hi there - please forgive my ignorance ...but I'm a UK eBay seller & buyer and have a few questions re. privacy on eBay & PP.

My current personal eBay & PayPal acc. are fine, no issues. I'm looking to start up a small business venture...and while I stress the nature of what I'll be selling is very legal and not improper...I could be open to potential crazies (!!) ...and I would therefore like to know if there is a way to keep my name & address private to any potential buyers?

I wish to set up a new emal account & eBay ID to start afresh, but obviously my PayPal account details my full name to buyers (I think??). I'm not sure what to do? I'd rather use PayPal as my payment method for convenience...so how can I prevent buyers seeing my name and location??

My surname happens to be rather a unique one in the UK, so I'd to prevent any possible issues someone trying to trace me through whatever means (hey, they might try!). I know from using PayPal myself that I can see sellers names on my activity summary!!
    Also...where you list the location of your items on an eBay auction - am I rigt in thinking that you can pretty much put anything rather than your actual location...I'm pretty sure I've seen things like 'In my wardrobe' or 'On earth' as locations??

Thakn you in anticipation of any advice I can be given & apologies for my rather long explantions!

Comment

You need tech support and the Short List, badly. Send me a PM.
      Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
      Modee Tech Support

Comment

Hey Modee

Nice website with alot of info. I sent you a PM.

Thanks

Comment

Precautions for New Ebay seller

Hi,

I had one old ebay account about 2-3 years ago that was suspended because of shill bidding. I signed in to that account a couple of months back and since then never opened it.

I just made a new ebay and paypal account 2 weeks ago to sell some stuff. Ebay held my account and asked for identity verification. I sent them all required documentation and they released my account. I used my same name and phone number but everything else was different than my old account. I just sold a cell phone and awaiting payment from the buyer.

Can someone tell me what precautions i should take to avoid any possible suspension, like how many items should i sell each week etc.
          Any response will be appreciated.
          Thanks

Comment

Shill bidding only should have been a temporary suspension?

For you other issue, you definitely need tech support from Modee.

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
              The only time the IP address may not be specifically assigned to a single user is with dial up.
              Not strictly true; for example, even on a broadband connection, Australia's Telstra Bigpond.com wants an additional fee if you want a fixed IP address, otherwise you will get a new random IP address every time you connect ...

Comment

Working...
              X