Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspended from EBAY. Is my suspension permanent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspended from EBAY. Is my suspension permanent?

I was just suspended and received a form letter that contained the statement "During the suspension, you're not allowed to use eBay in any way. This includes registering a new account or using another existing account. Doing so may result in your permanent suspension.". (... does this mean temporary???). Care to give a guesstimate as to "How long is "temporary"?. The Ebay customer service rep was unable to give much information, except that my report did not have a number of days suspension when "they usually do". Thanks for your response...

Unless a suspension email specifically states the number of days, the suspension is permanent. Even when EBAY states that a suspension is for a limited number of days (30 days, etc.), in most cases after that time has elapsed you receive the dreaded email stating that "we have decided that your suspension will remain."

What they mean by that sentence about not using EBAY in any way, is that if you are caught opening or using another account, they will clamp down on you even harder.

What you do during this period is crucial to getting your account back, and writing to EBAY is the WORST thing you can do.

You can hire me for tech support to address this further. I have had great success with reinstatements lately.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

This is what i would like to no as well

Hello
      I have been suspended from ebay,At first it was 7 days then 30 days then i get a email saying my accounts been suspended,I have emailed ebay every day but no help back from them at all,I was going to ask the same thing as you have asked here..

Comment

I've been there and my pleads to ebay got my suspension removed and my account released. I wrote to ebay and requested what I had done, then vigorously defended my actions. I have been back for over four years now.

Comment

Writing to EBay and pleading and so on without other specific action is about the WORST thing you can do:
          Complain to Trust and Safety and EBAY employees if suspended? - how to get reinstated - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

In any case Sake-Pookie, you are referring to something you may have done over four years ago. Ebay and PayPal weren't even completely merged in terms of suspensions and limitations four years ago - these are completely different times.

It's great that you were able to get your Ebay reinstated over four years ago, but Ebay was a nicer company back then too. I would say that starting around mid to late-2006 was when they turned a corner and started being especially vicious towards their sellers. By 2008, they were completely out of control. To be honest, I think that lately they might be getting a little more reasonable, judging by the great sucess rate I have had lately with Ebay and PayPal reinstatements.
          Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
          Modee Tech Support

Comment

I've definitely noticed they've been more lax lately. It says in there help section they will be raising DSR requirements in April. I wonder if the elephant will become more volatile after April.

Comment

Working...
            X