Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay account suspended - fees due - if I pay the fees will I be reinstated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay account suspended - fees due - if I pay the fees will I be reinstated?

my original ebay account was suspended for multiple trademark violations about 3-4 months ago. i have a fee balance of 270$ and they keep emailing me during the first 2 months of a bill. now they change their emial that they will reinstate my account once i paid this 270$ bill. Oh btw this is 2005 account so it might be worth the 270$

i just got an email from ebay that they will reinstate my account if:

Your eBay account has been suspended because you currently owe a balance of $270.72
    . eBay will gladly consider reinstating your account, but only after this balance has been paid in full. If this past due balance is the only reason for restricting your account, it will be reopened for bidding and listing after your complete payment has been processed.
    Please follow these steps to make a one-time payment of :

1. Click the "Site Map" link located at the top of most eBay pages.
    2. Scroll down until you see the "My Selling Account" section in the middle column.
    3. Click the "Make a Single Payment" link. You may need to sign in.
    4. To pay using PayPal, enter the payment amount in the box and click the "Pay" button. To choose another payment method, click the appropriate link under the PayPal box and follow the instructions on the next page.

NOW THE BIG QUESTION is that will they truly reinstate my account or they are just hooking me in to pay the fee and then suspend me right away after being a sucker to fall for this trap??/. thanks modee.

Just read my story
    Modee's Story - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    in my case I decided that paying about a K for fees wasn't even worth it, especially because I did not know for sure whether EBAY would even reinstate me after I paid. If I do someday decide to pay, I'll let you know what happens! ;-)

The department that collects the fees has NOTHING to do with Trust & Safety. T&S will pull the trigger right before your fees are due. If they coordinated activity, you would think they would wait...wait until you paid your monthly fees and THEN tag you. But no, one hand of Ebay has no idea what the other is doing.

You don't have to think too hard about this. Ebay is NOT saying they will reinstate you if you pay, just that they will "gladly consider reinstating." They even add " If this past due balance is the only reason for restricting your account, it will be reopened for bidding and listing after your complete payment has been processed." How is that not clear?

Let us know what happens!
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X