Indefinite eBay Suspension for Cancelled Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indefinite eBay Suspension for Cancelled Transactions

My seller account was suspended by Ebay in August of 2016 because I had to cancel a batch of orders for a presale of a fan convention comic book exclusive. It was common practice for comic book resellers to presell comic books that were exclusive to fan conventions. Preselling comic books was acceptable to Ebay, as long as it was clearly stated in the item listing that the item was being presold. I stated this in the item listing, and stated that a full refund would be issued in the event that I was unable to obtain the comic books. Despite the convention's website showing that the comic book exclusive was in stock, prior to the convention, the exclusive was sold out before the convention began. I was told that the exclusive was also sold at another convention two weeks earlier, and sold out there. The convention's site was not updated to reflect this. I attempted to contact the company that owned the convention, with no success. I promptly issued a full refund for all orders of the exclusive, with an explanation and apology. My seller rating had been perfect prior to this, and I had no complaints in feedback. Most of my customers understood what had happened, and only three gave negative feedback. Unfortunately, Ebay had recently converted from a score based system, to a system based on percentage of cancellations. In order to refund the orders, I had to cancel them. Since I had over 20 cancellations in one month, my seller level dropped to below acceptable, and my seller account was suspended. I tried to have my account reinstated at the time, with no success.

Two weeks ago, I tried to close my Ebay account. This had been on my to do list for a long time. I couldn't close it, since the seller account is still suspended. I can buy on Ebay, but I'm not a customer of their's. I don't like having an account under my name that I don't want, and can't use to sell, if I wanted to. I spoke with three people at Ebay customer service. The first two said they couldn't close my account, or lift the seller suspension, but forwarded me to another department. The third person informed me that my seller account was suspended indefinitely, and that she couldn't do anything about that. She would not say why my account was still suspended, or why she couldn't help me, but thanked me for my explanation of why it was suspended initially. She said that she would email another department, to see if the suspension could be appealed, and that the department would email me. I have not received an email from any Ebay department. I would like to close my Ebay account directly, or have the seller suspension lifted, and then close the account. Does anyone have advice on how to do so?
    Last edited by BDallas; 07-29-2020, 09:14 PM.

You need tech support to address this. You won’t find public information to address this situation.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by BDallas View Post
      My seller account was suspended by Ebay in August of 2016 because I had to cancel a batch of orders for a presale of a fan convention comic book exclusive. It was common practice for comic book resellers to presell comic books that were exclusive to fan conventions. Preselling comic books was acceptable to Ebay, as long as it was clearly stated in the item listing that the item was being presold. I stated this in the item listing, and stated that a full refund would be issued in the event that I was unable to obtain the comic books. Despite the convention's website showing that the comic book exclusive was in stock, prior to the convention, the exclusive was sold out before the convention began. I was told that the exclusive was also sold at another convention two weeks earlier, and sold out there. The convention's site was not updated to reflect this. I attempted to contact the company that owned the convention, with no success. I promptly issued a full refund for all orders of the exclusive, with an explanation and apology. My seller rating had been perfect prior to this, and I had no complaints in feedback. Most of my customers understood what had happened, and only three gave negative feedback. Unfortunately, Ebay had recently converted from a score based system, to a system based on percentage of cancellations. In order to refund the orders, I had to cancel them. Since I had over 20 cancellations in one month, my seller level dropped to below acceptable, and my seller account was suspended. I tried to have my account reinstated at the time, with no success.

Two weeks ago, I tried to close my Ebay account. This had been on my to do list for a long time. I couldn't close it, since the seller account is still suspended. I can buy on Ebay, but I'm not a customer of their's. I don't like having an account under my name that I don't want, and can't use to sell, if I wanted to. I spoke with three people at Ebay customer service. The first two said they couldn't close my account, or lift the seller suspension, but forwarded me to another department. The third person informed me that my seller account was suspended indefinitely, and that she couldn't do anything about that. She would not say why my account was still suspended, or why she couldn't help me, but thanked me for my explanation of why it was suspended initially. She said that she would email another department, to see if the suspension could be appealed, and that the department would email me. I have not received an email from any Ebay department. I would like to close my Ebay account directly, or have the seller suspension lifted, and then close the account. Does anyone have advice on how to do so?

This is becoming more and more common these days. You can't really survive on eBay / PayPal anymore just relying on one pair of account. They will yank it from beneath you just like that.

Comment

Working...
      X