Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PayPal payment received, settled into PayPal account, next business day reversed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal payment received, settled into PayPal account, next business day reversed

Be sure to read this thread also:
    May PayPal incoming ACH transfers to your bank be reversed? - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

I received a fairly large payment for an Ebay auction, and shipped it out with USPS signature confirmation the same day.

The next business day, I had an email from PayPal waiting for me in my inbox notifying me:
    "We've found a potential problem with the payment detailed below. For your
    protection, we have reversed the transaction."

Of course, this was not good. I had already shipped out the goods!

I phoned PayPal, and pointed out that the initial notification had said to ship the goods, and that I was covered with the Seller Protection Policy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PayPal_sellerProtect.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	70264
    The PayPal employee said not to worry, that since I had done everything I was supposed to do, he would monitor the shipment and upon signature confirmation kick in the policy and cover the payment.

Of course, I am used to Ebay and PayPal saying one thing and doing another, so I was wary of his promise, but I knew that at the end of the day I was in the driver's seat on this one with the Seller Protection, so I wasn't worried about anything more than a hassle. I noted the NAME of the PayPal employee, and wrote it down along with notes of the conversation.

In the meantime, I sent in a request with Ebay for the buyer's contact information.

Turns out this was a good buyer. She emailed me later that morning and explained that she had gone past her $1500. PayPal outgoing limit (a new limit they have for buying these days on some PayPals), and she even sent me a duplicate payment, which to date, has not been reversed. So, all is well!

BUT - just be aware - just because you receive a payment from PayPal does not mean it will settle. It can still be reversed, and if you do not note the green Eligible next to the Seller Protection, if you do ship and the payment is reversed, you may be out of luck.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support
Working...
X