Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Security SS# EIN - will PayPal learn details of whose SS# / EIN it is? YES.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Security SS# EIN - will PayPal learn details of whose SS# / EIN it is? YES.

When you supply a social security number or business EIN to PayPal, almost always it is for the purpose of running credit on the person or entity. When that is done - YES, the merchant processor, PayPal, ProPay, whatever - WILL learn the identity of whose number you have provided, or worse - learn that the number provided does not correspond to the person whose name you claim.

More importantly, they have the automated means to verify the SS # against a specific name. If it does not match exactly, they do allow you to FAX in a copy of the SS card, but if the name is wildly different from what their automated system says, then you will still be out of luck.

Also eventually they RUN CREDIT with that social, and if it does not match the name, you will be shut down.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

If ones goes down will the other PayPal go down?

Not necessarily. Under one social I had a business and a personal account. The business was permanently limited. The personal was limited but reinstated and remains.

There were completely different issues going on though. The business was used for sales, and the personal was a just a high dollar savings account. When I threatened to sue for holding my cash in the savings one, they delimited the account and let me pull the cash out immediately. It even took more than one withdrawal because PP has a $100K limit to each withdrawal.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Even etrade checks you out!

Even etrade if you are unknown to them, and come in with a large sum of cash, is going to do additional verification besides just what can be done online. You will need to FAX them some docs.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

You are allowed only one premier or business account. If you already have one of those, AND a personal then there is no work around this.

But if you are trying to add a second business account and you already have a premier one, you can phone PP and ask them to downrate the premier to personal, THEN add the business.

But - bottom line - one social can correspond to no more than two PP accounts, period.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

If you can confirm the bank account instantly and the transfer amount is not enormous, it should fly.

But what I found was that PP would limit the account and then ask for a copy of the bank statement even on some account that had been confirmed for months. They would do this, obviously, to establish that the account holder name is the same as that on the PP account.

Listen, the general rule about PP is:
          1) Create it only under the name of someone whose SS # you have, and whose permission you have - i.e. YOURSELF, a relative, an employee, but all on the up and up
          2) Everything else requested you can provide if you have the connections or know how.

If you skimp on rule #1 you will pay dearly eventually.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

A few grand will not result in PP's asking for a copy of your bank statement, but if this is the first time you have withdrawn that amount it might limit the account IF the source (the PP sale that brought it in) for the funds is very recent AND the source is for some sort of item you have not sold recently.

Example: You have been selling $50. $60. pieces of collectible quartz. You've never pulled more than a few hundred from your account. And the account is somewhat new. Then all a sudden you sell a $3000. oil painting and the cash comes in. You try to withdraw the whole three grand plus whatever else is in the account.

Bam! limited until you provide social, maybe delivery confirmation on the painting, etc. etc.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Plus PayPal runs more than a social security check, they also run credit after they get the social, and at that point the dob of the account holder is revealed.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

PayPal utilizes your social security # or EIN in two stages. First, to verify the name or business entity. But eventually, to run personal or business credit, at which point they see what you refer to as "everything."

Now, if you are a "ghost" (person with no credit) or a new company (that has no credit), or even an established company that has little credit, then they will learn very little. But in close to 100% of cases where you supply an EIN they come right back and request a SS # as well anyway. So if there is something to be found out about you, PayPal will dig it all up eventually.

What many of you don't realize is that PayPal is a merchant account. It's just because PayPal lets you get in the door without the full-on checks that most do up front that lulls people into thinking PayPal is some kind of right. It isn't - it's a privilege for the creditworthy.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Hmm paypal is monopoly on the market they would like to know about you everything , ssn, home adress, phone , the items where you buy , how much you pay , what profits you make and keep your money , if you try to run they just simply turn off you - yeah it is new world order , they ve got all banks on the hand , and know about y ou everything , we have to do with that together , lets do it modee!!!

Comment

I have a theoretical question. Lets say i started up a new account after my account was closed. I use a SS# from a household member (with their permission of course). When paypal runs a credit check of the SS# used and it shows that they live at the same address as where my old account was registered at. can they see this info? Or do they just care that the name matches the number? thx
                    Last edited by chaptap566; 09-21-2009, 06:33 PM.

Comment

This is a common scenario actually. People get linked back to an old account all the time because of an address that appears on a credit profile.

Keep in mind that a credit report is done in the first place because PP is suspicious about something else, or because the account is transacting high volume.

But, this sort of linkage is but one factor. If nothing else matches up, you would be okay. But if, say, this "new" account is selling the same goods as the old, the new account would probably at a minimum get limited as more information is requested.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

What the hell??

I just made another paypal account, and i took my real ssn and changed a few numbers on it, just for fun thinking it wasnt gonna get accepted, so i click submit and it says your ssn has been accepted?? Has this ever happen to sombody?

Example of how i changed my ssn

(using a **** ssn just for an example i didnt acaully use these numbers)

123-12-1234

I changed it into

124-12-1345
                        Last edited by xyax; 01-01-2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

The point at which PayPal verifies your SS # is when it asks for it.

If you mean that you simply submitted a SS # at the moment of account creation, before PP even asks for it, that # has not been verified...yet.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

ohh, i thought i was just lucky lol, yeah u submitted the ssn after i created the account.

Comment

Well maybe you are on to something. See how long the account lasts and what happens as you use it. Please keep us posted! Thank you.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                              X