Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I enter a false, stolen, or other person's social security SS number?...NO NO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I enter a false, stolen, or other person's social security SS number?...NO NO!

Do NOT enter a false⊗ SS #. If it works, you are guilty of identity fraud. And most likely it won't work unless you miraculously manage to match that number with the name you have given.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

And No you may not use a deceased social - when someone dies this is reported to the SSA, and the credit bureaus pick up this information quickly and mark the credit profiles accordingly. At some point PayPal may run credit, and this will result in the shutting down of both the PayPal and linked EBAY account.

Further, using a dead person's social is considered a form of identity fraud.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Do not use your kids' socials either!

Now it is true that when PayPal runs the 11 or 5 year old's credit nothing comes back (the person is a "ghost" in credit bureau parlance), then they will not even know the person's age or other information.

However, all this is guaranteed to cause the minor credit problems in the future.

For example, my Dad and I obviously shared the same address when I was growing up (well, not obviously...but my parents never divorced and I lived with them), and when I was about 21 I applied for a loan and a lot of my Dad's credit was on my report. All of it was good, but when they saw accounts that dated back to when I was extremely young, they assumed that all my credit was phony and denied me. And it was very difficult to clean up that mess - took me years.

So think before you create havoc for your kids over something as silly as getting around the PayPal social requirement. Instead, get a hold of a pre 11/2007 EBAY account that does not require PP, or create a real merchant account today and FAX the docs to EBAY when requested.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
      X