Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paypal disputes process changing for Ebay sellers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal disputes process changing for Ebay sellers?

There are two separate situations where buyers filed a dispute with Paypal. They expect a link to Paypal but instead a window comes up with an 800# and a message to call Ebay first. They call the number and speak with a rep at Ebay who listens to their story, says he will initiate the refund process and it would be much faster going thru him instead of thru Paypal, and arranges a refund. 3 days later the seller is suspended.

The Ebay reps say the money is coming from Ebay (not Paypal). The Ebay reps also say they will look into the sellers. Both sellers end up suspended.

No word on if the money was actually taken from the seller's Paypal account or if Ebay paid for it.

You can read more: eBay Tells Me "Keep The Item And The Money" - HOW Cafe - An Online Sellers & Buyers Networking Community

Reports of eBay's New Dispute Process in Action

I had another bad taste confrontation with my Ebay account that uses PayPal today, and I had no such opportunity to confront anyone!

On less expensive items, when the buyer is overseas, I ship using 1st class mail, but DIRECTLY from the post office so that at least the USPS Customs # becomes trackable as far as proof of shipment (unless it is shipped Priority Mail, the customs # will NOT kick in for delivery confirmation ONLY for proof of shipment).

Anyway, I shipped about a fifty dollar item to the Ukraine in early March, and for some reason most 1st Class shipments from the U.S. to Ukraine lately are very slow (so, beware!). Impatient buyer filed a non-receipt claim with PayPal. PayPal eventually ruled against me, and of course the item is in transit or might have already arrived but no way for me to prove.

Am thinking of shipping international 1st class items with a little insurance from now on - this might keep the postal service from delaying/losing these items. Question is - is it cost effective? to pay a couple bucks or more on each item when very few end up "lost" like this.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

I just looked into it - there is no insurance available on 1st Class mail international. And to ship priority mail USPS international (which does include some insurance free) is just so expensive that I doubt any buyer of an under $100. item would pay for it.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I ship International exclusively USPS Priority International on item $149.99 and lower and USPS Express Mail for any above this amount. I inform any customers that this is due to ebay/paypal's buyer's protection policies requiring sellers to have international tracking services.

I am hopeful that enough US Sellers will adopt these practices and force multiple International ebay/paypal members to complain about the high cost of shipping due to ebay/paypal's ultra-biased buyer's protection policies.

Perhaps enough of these complaints from buyers will force ebay/paypal to extend better protection in their "SO CALLED" seller's protection services.

Comment

If you ship USPS Priority International, you do not necessarily get online trackable, but since the item is automatically insured for at least some sum, the packages tend not to get lost.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Nearly every single USPS Priority International I have shipped this year has been track-able, but one of the biggest keys to International sales success is the acceptance scan at your post office.

This is your first best hope to winning a PP dispute for INR.

Comment

Originally posted by Sake-Pookie View Post
              one of the biggest keys to International sales success is the acceptance scan at your post office.
              Originally posted by Modee View Post

On less expensive items, when the buyer is overseas, I ship using 1st class mail, but DIRECTLY from the post office so that at least the USPS Customs # becomes trackable as far as proof of shipment (unless it is shipped Priority Mail, the customs # will NOT kick in for delivery confirmation ONLY for proof of shipment).
              Right, on international items you must ship directly from the USPS. If a 1st Class International item is shipped from home, its customs # will not be entered into the system at all.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
              X