Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing address, name, business name in PayPal EBay what info is revealed to buyers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing address, name, business name in PayPal EBay what info is revealed to buyers?

My account was previously limited, but I managed to get it restored. Since I had disputes from my last "business", I want to start over with a clean slate as I imagine there's probably one or two annoyed people out there (despite being refunded).

So let's say that I have purchased a new domain, phone #, email etc., and I add those to my account and remove the information associated with my old business. When someone (who paid my old business) checks their original payment, are they going to see the old business information, or the new business information?

As far as at the PayPal end, they will see only the information that is set on your account now. Also, if you have more than one address, they will see the primary designated address only.

It is easy to change the address - all you need to do is confirm it with a new credit card or by other means. But it is not so easy to change the business or account owner name.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Modee
      As far as at the PayPal end, they will see only the information that is set on your account now. Also, if you have more than one address, they will see the primary designated address only.
      So if I change my business name from "X&Y" to "ABC", then it'll update in my buyer's payment information? I'm not bothered by PayPal having the old vs. new information, but rather what the payers will see in their payment information.

It is easy to change the address - all you need to do is confirm it with a new credit card or by other means. But it is not so easy to change the business or account owner name.
      Since most PayPal business accounts are with small businesses (such as people who sell on eBay or ships/packs out of their home), if someone gets tired of one thing and wants to start another business, do they have any options other than opening a new account?

Comment

With change of address just add a new address and confirm it. Then make that address primary. Go through PayPal and make certain that primary address is the default one to be revealed for all purposes.

If you are using the account with EBAY, you must follow a similar procedure.

These are the general instructions for the other questions you ask:

How do I change the name of my business?

Here's how to change the name of your business:
        1. Log in to your PayPal account and click Profile at the top of the page.
        2. Click Business Information in the Account Information column.
        3. Click Change name.
        4. Select Business Name Change (business name).
        5. Click Continue to complete the instructions.

But you just have to be aware that the way they describe it, and they way it really works, are two different things. Sometimes PayPal allows the change, and other times they give you grief. By grief I mean they either do not allow the change, or ask for all kinds of docs to support the change.

Other payment processors do not allow such changes at all, and ask you to close the account and open a new one. Some payment processors allow you to open a new account easily, and others do not.

Changing the contact name for your business is also an easy process (in theory) with PayPal:

How do I change the contact name for my business?

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
        2. Click Profile at the top of the page.
        3. Click the Business Information link in the Account Information column.
        4. Click the Change name link.
        5. Select Business Name Change (change contact name).
        6. Click Continue and follow the instructions.

Once again, they may allow this change easily, or they may not allow it at all. And PayPal may ask for verifying docs.

HOWEVER, Paypal does NOT allow you to change the underlying account holder name on your account (other than for a minor misspelling) - and there are certain circumstances where this underlying name will be revealed to buyers, especially if you are not careful. And that, so to speak, is the rub.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

As far as changing address what is odd is that some time back I added a certain P. O. Box address to my PayPal that I use with EBAY. I never confirmed it, but after a period of time had passed all of a sudden the address showed as confirmed and remains confirmed.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Hello, I searched the forums, but I couldn't find an answer to this.

I am needing to change the personal information on my ebay account to another person who also has an ebay account. This means that the accounts will be now linked. I will also start sending payments to a different paypal account to match the new ebay account user.

I basically want to change it to another person who also has a ebay account. The reason I am changing the personal information, is because the person who owns the account is no longer going to be working for the company.

Will this cause me any issues?

Please help. Thank you

Comment

To change the name on your EBAY accoount:

In your My eBay, at the near top of the page, left hand side, you'll see three tabs;
              Activity - Messages - Account

If you hover your cursor on the Account tab, a drop-down menu will appear. The second choice from the top in that menu will be "Personal Information." (Or "Business Information" if a business account.)

Go from there to Edit your registered name and address.

The question of whether this will cause issues for you, in your situation, depends on many factors and is a subject for tech support.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

"Business" name

I want to subscribe to a US website service, which involves a yearly subscription and occasional payments probably totalling less than £100 (UK) a year. The site requires everyone use and know everyone elses real name, but for privacy I'd rather use a false name.

Would it solve my problem to create an unverified PayPal business account with real name and address but with the business name as say, 'Fred Bloggs'. Specifically, would the website I'm subscribing to know it was a business account and see my real name when I pay by CC?

(Btw, I say unverified, because I like to pay with CC and not have my bank details connected to PP).

Comment

Working...
                X