Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PayPal Pro? versus PayPal standard with buttons. Advantages? Higher scrutiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Pro? versus PayPal standard with buttons. Advantages? Higher scrutiny?

Hi,

I am currently using PayPal standard to accept payments for my website sales.

I am looking at upgrading to Payments Pro but am selling counterfeit items so was wondering if they would reject my application.

They are asking for my website URL along with some other details. Anyone had experience in this?

I would leave it alone. Matter of fact, I would abandon PayPal entirely and open a Google Checkout account and use cartmanager to accept payments. You can get approved for Google Checkout by supplying a certain website but then go ahead and accept payments from other websites.

Consider:
    Comparing Google Checkout and PayPal - entering tracking #s and other comparisons - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

I have more than a few websites that sell tangible products (granted, all legitimate - I do not sell counterfeits), but my point being that on some I use Google Checkout + cartmanager and on others I use regular PayPal payment buttons. On my websites that accept PayPal I have anywhere from three to twelve items listed. Regular PayPal buttons + a regular PayPal shopping cart work fine for most applications.

I even modified the code in the buttons myself to allow for a flat S&H&P fee to be added to each purchase.

Yes, true, you don't have quite as much flexibility using regular PayPal buttons versus the full on Payments Pro deal, but in my opinion, the only real advantage to Payments Pro for most website internet sellers is the ability to accept telephone orders and process cards directly (through the virtual terminal).

If you want help with setting up your buttons consider hiring me for tech support, but it really isn't that difficult. I can help you also get approved for Google Checkout and to avoid getting linked on different GC accounts. Google uses some additional techniques besides the ones EBAY and PayPal use to link you.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X