Customs Charges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customs Charges?

For the first time in 4 years I have had a package stamped with a customs duty charge.

The package was sent to the UK and the customer refuses to pay the charge and is threatening to go to PP.

I do have an online tracking number so am wondering how PP view this type of issue?

Do I have to pay the charge for the customer to avoid PP taking all the funds from my account, or do they see it as the customers problem and therefore will leave my money alone!?

Originally posted by won't submit View Post
    I do have an online tracking number so am wondering how PP view this type of issue?

Here is a direct cut and paste from ebay/paypal's International feedback abuse policies...

International Buyers – Please Note: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying. Other information a seller may wish to include: These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them for additional shipping charges. We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "gifts" - US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior. We are not responsible for delays in shipping caused by International Customs Inspections and or International Shipping Services.

Cut and paste this in an email back to your customer. DO NOT TELL THEM about leaving you a feedback stating these facts, this way if they include in the negative feedback that you hit them with duties, or customs is mentioned in ANY WAY you can force ebay to remove the feedback comments under ebay's International Feedback Abuse Policy.

"Customs Requirements

We will remove Feedback if the listing meets the Customs Requirements
    below and the seller receives a negative or neutral Feedback comment ."
    Last edited by Sake-Pookie; 10-19-2009, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Thats good news.

Thankfully it is an outside eBay transaction. I am only worried that if the customer does not collect the package, then she will be able to claim the funds back through PayPal?

I always though that the package had to be delivered at the on the PP payment receipt address?

Comment

Originally posted by Sake-Pookie View Post

Cut and paste this in an email back to your customer. DO NOT TELL THEM about leaving you a feedback stating these facts, this way if they include in the negative feedback that you hit them with duties, or customs is mentioned in ANY WAY you can force ebay to remove the feedback comments under ebay's International Feedback Abuse Policy.

"Customs Requirements

We will remove Feedback if the listing meets the Customs Requirements
        below and the seller receives a negative or neutral Feedback comment ."
        This might work to intimidate some buyers into not leaving negative feedback, but the exact EBAY policy is that you can have relevant NEGs removed if you post this policy in your listings. Simply emailing it after the fact is not enough.
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by won't submit View Post
          For the first time in 4 years I have had a package stamped with a customs duty charge.

The package was sent to the UK and the customer refuses to pay the charge and is threatening to go to PP.

Do I have to pay the charge for the customer to avoid PP taking all the funds from my account, or do they see it as the customers problem and therefore will leave my money alone!?
          I actually just dealt with a buyer who tried to pull this on me. I ended up winning the PayPal dispute, so I have my money. He seemed to be claiming that he refused the merchandise at customs and that it is on its way back to me, but I have received nothing back.

Anyway, I have my money and I did not get any negative feedback.
          Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
          Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
            This might work to intimidate some buyers into not leaving negative feedback, but the exact EBAY policy is that you can have relevant NEGs removed if you post this policy in your listings. Simply emailing it after the fact is not enough.
            Sorry, my post was to allow the seller to educate the buyer that it is ebay's policy that the buyer is responsible for all customs duties and fees.

But yes, if this is in the listing and then an International buyer leaves you a negative feedback regarding fees or delays, ebay will remove that comment.

Comment

Working...
            X