Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding the second Address to the US Paypal - any risks of limitation in doing this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding the second Address to the US Paypal - any risks of limitation in doing this?

Hello,

What happen when I add the second Address to my Stealth Paypal account?

I have a stealth paypal account (setup in 2012,the address is confirmed without Credit Card and from X City,and last log in has been last Year)
    I always used a dedicated IP from X City .I lost the IP forever.now want to get a dedicated IP from Y City and decide to add a new address from Y City to the paypal as second Address.

Am I at RISK after doing it?

Thank you
    Last edited by Beginner; 10-09-2015, 04:20 PM.

Of course you realize the difference between a confirmed and non-confirmed address. PayPal will allow you to add pretty much any address as a secondary one, but it will not be confirmed unless address verified via AVS (address verification service) such as via a credit card.

I don't believe there is any risk to adding a secondary address; if there is any risk at all it lies in changing the login IP address. Adding or not adding a new non-confirmed address doesn't really make a difference. There might raise a slight red flag that the PayPal is now being logged into from a new IP address and a new address is being added, but unless that new address is used for something like shipping goods to it or whatever, why would PayPal care?

The kind of changes that lead to limitations are more like trying to add a new address and then having goods shipped to that new address, changing bank account, etc. - changes that affect the flow of money or purchased goods from the account.

If I were going to do what you suggest, I'd add a confirmed address, or add no address at all.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Hi,

Thanks Dear Modee for your help and time.in 2012 I made a mistake,and the account got limited, they required me address confirmation.I sent them a scan of DL ( ) and the address become confirmed without adding AVS.
      I think I better enter to paypal with the new IP first,if paypal has no reaction,after 2-3 weeks add second address + AVS.I use this paypal only to pay a monthly invoice ($4),and to receive 2 small payments (under $30).thanks again and have a great time.

btw,just making sure,does the address of the AVS have to be the second Address?

Best Regard
      Last edited by Beginner; 10-09-2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

AVS is an address verification service done for credit cards. I'm not sure what your question is?

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Yes,I meant AVS Credit Card,I forgot to put the " Credit Card ".it was a wrong question.sorry!please ignore it.

Do you let me ask another question:which one is better:
          1.Adding the second Address,then Adding AVS Credit Card.
          2.Changing existing Address to the new Address,then Adding AVS Credit Card.

Thanks
          Last edited by Beginner; 10-10-2015, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Whatever you do, I would add the new address only when ready to verify it via AVS with a credit card.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X