Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to deleted information on your PayPal account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to deleted information on your PayPal account?

If you add an address to your PayPal account, and then delete it, does PayPal still keep a record of that information and track it or when you hit delete can they no longer see it? Much like all other information such as CC, bank account, phone, etc.

I know they also log your IP at each login, do they keep those records forever?

Here are some results from some light testing I've done...

I took two unrelated PayPal accounts. Added a bank account to one. A bank account can only be linked to one PayPal account. I deleted the bank from that account, then went to the other PayPal account and added that bank. I repeated the same process with a CC.

No problems with either of those PayPal accounts. That leads to some anecdotal evidence that once you delete something from a PayPal account then the record is effectively gone, unless there is some other record of it.

Have you seen anything on any subpoenas to suggest this is not the case?

Comment

I think you are wrong they are always there never deleted. Plus anyway as long as the PayPal is okay you will have no problem, like I read from modeee you have a problem after one account goes down then the other goes down too. Now your two accounts are linked.

Comment

Time will tell, when one of the accounts gets limited I'll see if the other one does too. But it's against policy anyway to operate more than one PP account, if they knew this then they would both already be limited. My belief remains the same.

Comment

Working...
        X