Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The latest PayPal spoof emails will address you by your own correct name! Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest PayPal spoof emails will address you by your own correct name! Beware

When we received these false emails telling us that our PayPal accounts were limited, the tell tale sign used to be that they were addressed to "PayPal user" or some generic name, and your real name was missing from the email.

No longer! these fraudsters have somehow obtained your real name and are featuring it prominently in the email, addressed Dear __________ . Beware!

About the only indication that these emails are counterfeits, other than of course logging into your PayPal or phoning PayPal for verification, is that they are typically addressed to something OTHER THAN the primary email on your PayPal. By the way, these days forward these emails to
    [email protected]
    (the old address was [email protected])
    I also recommend reporting to SPAM cop.
    Reporting email SPAM - spamcop.net - help keep the internet SPAM free! - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    and marking the email as "Phishing" in the comments.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PP_spoof_withname_small.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	69740
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Thanks for the heads up, really useful

Comment

I noticed this and though that it looked like it will catch many out. Did not know they changed the reporting email as I still used the spoof address, thanks for the update

Comment

Thanks a lot Modee for this fantastic information, we'll be at alert. If not for now, I bet you I'll respond to this email. Thank you once again.

Comment

Here's another spoofing email - that even appears to reference a specific case number! Your REAL name will be in the email. Beware!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	PP_spoof_11_2016.jpg Views:	1 Size:	214.3 KB ID:	72522
          Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
          Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X