Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some advice...PayPal limited 180 days, now over 180 days

Hello,

My Paypal account got limited 6 months ago because I was selling e-books and digital copies of popular computer programs such as Rosetta Stone. In the description I would say that the buyer had a "choice" of receiving the actual physical disks of the program or the program in "digital" version, which I downloaded off a torrent site and then I sent to them through e-mail. The thing was though that I never actually had the physical disks of the programs. I just said I did so I wouldn't have to sell under the "classified ads" category (you can only sell digital items in that category) and so that people would think that my intentions weren't to make a quick buck by selling unauthorized copies of copyrighted material (even though they were). So since I knew I didn't have anything physical to sell, I purposely said that the physical disks were damaged in the description so that the buyer would be automatically encouraged to get the digital version of the program. And if they said they wanted the physical version(which didn't exist), I persuaded them to get the digital version, and most people did.

So Paypal limited my account and asked to provide proof of delivery and supplier contact information (not invoices, just phone numbers and addresses). They also wanted me to "resolve issues with another account." Apparently I had another account from years ago with a negative balance and they linked it together.

I decided to wait out the 180 days and yesterday was the last day. Now I get a message that says "your account has been limited for more than 180 days. It will continue to be limited but you now have the ability to withdraw funds." All this time I've waited thinking my limitation was going to be lifted after the 180 days, but it's not!

What would you do in my situation? Would you just withdraw the money into the bank and abandon the account - start over with a new ebay and paypal stealth account? Would you try to save the account and work with paypal to try to lift the limitation, possibly ship empty boxes to the three people so I can have trackng numbers to provide? What would I do for supplier contact ifno. though? Please give me some advice!

Thanks, creznor

Well, If you are still using the bank account, have the money transfered to that account. If you dont have that account anymore have them send a check. THEY WILL SEND IT. They will not lift the limit, it will stay limited forever until you provide the info they want. Your case sounds like a lost cause I would start a new account. Selling intangible items on Ebay is not a good idea. All someone has to do is complain the never received anything from you and BAM your limited. Good luck with explaining to paypal what you were doing. You need Tech Support from Modee. You need his Short List to get started.

Comment

PP Limitations

For anybody new to ebay/paypal limits: ***Pal does not un-limit accounts in 180 days. They allow you to WITHDRAW whatever is left after disputes and chargebacks. You still can't use the account to make sales after your 180 days is up. Best bet is to get tech support to open a new PayPal account the right way
      Last edited by smithgroup; 07-02-2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Take the money and start over, you will never get the account back, trust me, you will need to pm modee for assistance in this plus he can help in creating an unlinkable ebay/paypal account,if you do not wish to pay you will need to carefully read through all forum posts to do this as all the details are there to create an unlinkable ebay /paypal account

Comment

I Need Some Advice

Originally posted by creznor View Post
          Hello,

My Paypal account got limited 6 months ago because I was selling e-books and digital copies of popular computer programs such as Rosetta Stone. In the description I would say that the buyer had a "choice" of receiving the actual physical disks of the program or the program in "digital" version, which I downloaded off a torrent site and then I sent to them through e-mail. The thing was though that I never actually had the physical disks of the programs. I just said I did so I wouldn't have to sell under the "classified ads" category (you can only sell digital items in that category) and so that people would think that my intentions weren't to make a quick buck by selling unauthorized copies of copyrighted material (even though they were). So since I knew I didn't have anything physical to sell, I purposely said that the physical disks were damaged in the description so that the buyer would be automatically encouraged to get the digital version of the program. And if they said they wanted the physical version(which didn't exist), I persuaded them to get the digital version, and most people did.

So Paypal limited my account and asked to provide proof of delivery and supplier contact information (not invoices, just phone numbers and addresses). They also wanted me to "resolve issues with another account." Apparently I had another account from years ago with a negative balance and they linked it together.

I decided to wait out the 180 days and yesterday was the last day. Now I get a message that says "your account has been limited for more than 180 days. It will continue to be limited but you now have the ability to withdraw funds." All this time I've waited thinking my limitation was going to be lifted after the 180 days, but it's not!

What would you do in my situation? Would you just withdraw the money into the bank and abandon the account - start over with a new ebay and paypal stealth account? Would you try to save the account and work with paypal to try to lift the limitation, possibly ship empty boxes to the three people so I can have trackng numbers to provide? What would I do for supplier contact ifno. though? Please give me some advice!

Thanks, creznor
          Obviously one of your intended customers reported you to PayPal. You could easily be charged with a federal crime for what you have publicly admitted to. It's one thing to download a torrent, but to then turn around and SELL digital copies of ROSETTA STONE? You must be anxious to spend some time in "Club Fed" where your basic needs will be attended to by the Bureau of Prisons. You are, without a doubt, a blithering idiot.

Comment

You misunderstood PayPal because all they advised you was that your funds would be released to you after 180 days. You made a big mistake providing PayPal with all that requested information because all they wanted to do with it was identify you further to prevent you from creating new accounts in the future.

You should have engaged tech support to deal with them wisely, and then maybe your account would have been de-limited and your funds released sooner.
            Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
            Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X