Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Ecommerce Website with 1 PayPal account

Hi there,

Just wanted to hear from you what should be the right approach when it comes down to using PayPal with more than 1 Ecommerce website.

I currently have 1 company (it's clearly stated on my Privacy Policy pages) that is connected to my main business account, but I have 2 websites selling different products in general.

What risks are there if I continue on using both websites with 1 business pp account ?

Appreciate your support in advance!

Technically not allowed, but as long as PayPal doesn't find out, you will be fine. You'd need tech support to get into the nuances of how to reduce that risk.

The rules of all credit card processors are that you need a different processing account for each type of product, and that you may sell only what you have been specifically authorized to sell. That's the rule. The reality is that unless they find out, you may continue to sell whatever.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
      Technically not allowed, but as long as PayPal doesn't find out, you will be fine. You'd need tech support to get into the nuances of how to reduce that risk.
      I've tried selling without Paypal on my websites, but the conversion rates are 2 times lower without it, so I can't ignore it anymore. What I am doing at the moment is for every transaction I have a VA, which has a LIMITED user account with the following privileges as show on the image below who will manually enter all NEW tracking numbers one by one, which I hope is keeping the account protected to a certain extend.

Originally posted by Modee View Post
      The rules of all credit card processors are that you need a different processing account for each type of product, and that you may sell only what you have been specifically authorized to sell. That's the rule. The reality is that unless they find out, you may continue to sell whatever.
      I got pretty experienced with getting approved with credit card processors and YES you're right on that. I've got approved lately with 2Checkout, Braintree, AlliedWallet, Checkout.com, but the one I recommend by many reasons is BLUESNAP. Trust me, I've go to hell and back to realize that there are less know companies that deliver awesome service at the end of the day!
      Last edited by magnificent.time; 08-21-2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Hey, Modee,

I know it's been a while, but wanted to follow up on this thread and a past Support Ticket that I had with you with one more question that I never seem to have asked and it is:

- CAN I USE ONE ECOMMERCE WEBSITE & ROTATE MULTIPLE PAYPAL ACCOUNTS ON A REGULAR BASIS IF I PROCESS HUGE REVENUES AND THIS WAY TO AVOID REGULAR LIMITATIONS BY PAYPAL? What I mean by rotating is using 1 PP account for 2 weeks and then switch on using acc #2, then 2 weeks later switching to acc #3 etc.

Appreciate your support as always?

Comment

Hi Magnificent. How are you? Trust you are well.

First of all, are we talking about US PayPals or European?

But - in general - YES, this is one premise behind new account creation and the Short List - to create accounts but keep their uses low enough to avoid or at least delay the inevitable verification requests from PayPal.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Doing good. Still running my FB ads + Ecommerce strategy.

Hope you're doing great as well.

Appreciate the fast follow up. It's always helpful.

And, YES, I am referring to European Paypal accounts.

QUESTION
            =======
            Just curious, in case of Paypal getting one of the accounts temporary limited (not suspended) and if I switch to PP acc #2, are they going to detect notice that the same website is now running the volumes on another account?
            =======

Thanks for everything!

Comment

Well if you create the accounts using Short List techniques at least they will not be linked directly to each other.

But using them to process payments from the same website - possibly, yes! PayPal might figure it out - but if this is what you must do, then you may have to risk it.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Well if you create the accounts using Short List techniques at least they will not be linked directly to each other.
                I am doing all my PP accounts using the Short List since 2008. Best of all that I rarely have PP accounts being suspended. More often eBay was the one back in the days when I was still selling on that marketplace.

But using them to process payments from the same website - possibly, yes! PayPal might figure it out - but if this is what you must do, then you may have to risk it.
                Well, I asked because I went through a loop of REQUESTS from PP over the past 7 days and I was not able to sell at that time.

But, after my last call with them yesterday, they confirmed that today the account will be released and we'll be back again. I've attached an image of the PP's first request (https://i.imgur.com/9YxSmdz.png)

Honestly, since I've read more than 10 times the Short List over the past couple of years, it wasn't really hard for me to handle that case. It's just the fact that PP requires a bit more patience at the end of the day.

Once again, thanks for everything!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by magnificent.time; 04-16-2019, 02:48 AM.

Comment

QUICK UPDATE on this one.

Paypal account is up and running again with a Reserve hold put on. Quoting PP message below:

An account reserve is an amount of money set aside in your PayPal account to help make sure that you're able to meet any liabilities you may incur from a chargeback, claim or bank reversal, where no other money is available. The reserved amount still belongs to you, but is unavailable for use (including withdrawal).

The use of reserves in this way is common across the payments industry, and you'll find more information about it in the PayPal User Agreement, section 10.4.

Based on a review of your account, we've decided that reserves will be applied as follows:

- Rolling Reserve: 20% of the funds you receive each day will be held for 45 days in your 'pending balance' and will be added to your 'available balance' for your use or withdrawal after this period has elapsed. This process will continue on a daily basis. This rolling reserve will be eligible for review 12 months from the date of this email.
                  Regardless, I am still happy with the outcome.

Thanks, MoDee once again!

Comment

Yes, You can do this, but for this purpose you must have the doc verified Business paypal as well as complete documents of Business like registration, company details etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X