Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I allowed a friend to transfer large sums of money into my PayPal - now it is locked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I allowed a friend to transfer large sums of money into my PayPal - now it is locked

Hello,
    I'm having a big problem right now.
    This is what happened :
    A friend on skype messaged me and told me that he wanted to buy some things from an site but his parents didn't want him to buy that especially item but they don't care where he spends his money on just that item. So he asked me if he could send the money to my paypal account and I would buy it for him I agreed (not thinking any bad from this would happen..)
    5 Minute's later I got an deposit on my account of 3000 dollars... but they cancelled it right away I asked him what the .... happened and he told me he wanted to put in 300 instead of 3000 that's why he cancelled it right away. I thought fair enough so I told him to send him the 300 euro's and I got the 300 euro's I bought the item he wanted (An internet membership on a site) Then later on there was another deposit of 800 euros. now my account is locked I have no idea what to do I don't know where all that money came from and what happened how he got that money I want to refund it but that's not possible because my account is limited + I have no idea if he has been doing illegal stuff and I had no idea he was going to deposit this much cash on my paypal account now paypal is investigating it and I literally have no idea what I should do now.

please help!

It's hard to follow what you are saying? But assuming your friend has tried to use your account for something nefarious, it will be hard for you to claim that you had no idea where these monies came from because - 300 came in, and you spent 300. So it will be obvious that you were a willing participant in these transactions.

However, just because you consented to having someone send money to your account, assuming you can prove that you spent the money just for him and gained nothing from these transactions, no matter what happens you will be able to claim that you did nothing wrong, or at least thought you were doing nothing wrong.

If this guy did misuse your account, and really did NOT explain the entire situation to you, first thing you should stop doing is calling him a friend. I wouldn't call someone like that a friend. You refer to him as someone on Skype, so perhaps you don't even know this person.

Really you need private tech support so contact me via PM to discuss further.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X