Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paypal asking for ss# now - but, PayPal has ALWAYS asked for social security number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal asking for ss# now - but, PayPal has ALWAYS asked for social security number

Long story short a paypal i bought in may it got limited after 2 weeks, first they wanted the bank account which i got the number from the seller. Second they wanted proof of address so i paid $30 for a document and uploaded it today to paypal and tonight i get this email.
    We are reviewing your account and unfortunately your account limitation
    cannot be lifted at this time. We need more information about your account
    before we can proceed with the appeal process. Please complete the steps
    below:

ยท Please add and confirm your Social Security number.

Here's how to add your Social Security number to your PayPal account:

what should i do? i got money in it i need asap!!!

also when i logged into paypal it aslo asked for photo id, i'm really starting to get pissed off with paypal!!!
    Last edited by fightguy42; 07-04-2014, 06:07 PM.

I know this is a late reply, but i you're still on here, I don't see there being much you really can do other than switching out the information for yours or someones information you have access to.

Comment

In the United States PayPal ALWAYS asks for your social security number. They have always asked for it, and always will. It is astonishing how many think this is something new.

It is a just a question of delaying or bypassing that request.
      Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
      Modee Tech Support

Comment

Give them EIN you should be fine !! Good way to go around without giving ssn

APPLY HERE
        404 | Internal Revenue Service
        Last edited by lawway; 12-23-2014, 07:28 AM.

Comment

EIN is part of the puzzle, but in general PayPal will not accept an EIN in lieu of a SS # unless handled properly.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I got a paypal from tim on these forums about 2 weeks ago and I am having the same problems now with verifying ID and SSN now that I just got limited. Is there anyone that can lift the limitation? willing to pay for help
            Last edited by gotebay; 01-15-2015, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
              EIN is part of the puzzle, but in general PayPal will not accept an EIN in lieu of a SS # unless handled properly.
              PM sent. If it's a matter of just sending them an email to use a EIN instead of a SSN, we can do that. If it's just a matter of calling from that Stealth location that's going to be a problem.

Comment

Providing an EIN is a technique used for either legitimate accounts in a real person's name or sometimes works if applied properly for Short List created accounts. EIN is useless for your average improperly created stealth account.

The foundation of properly created accounts is within the Short List.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                X