This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal 21 Day Hold - PayPal 10% Holds - easy workaround

There are several methods to get around these holds. Of course, creating your account properly should prevent the holds in the first place.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

And this information will not be openly shared, correct?

Comment

It wouldn't be a good idea to just post it in the public, no. PayPal has already started to shut down one of these methods, probably because the word of it got around....

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Paypal's Roling Reserve

I anyone else out here upset with paypal's rolling reserve police just lately implemented?

In case you are not aware of what it is, Paypal as of August 1, 2009 I believe, started withholding a percentage of seller's daily proceeds for up to 90 days. In my case they are withholding 10% of my daily sales proceeds for 60 days.

What is the purpose I asked paypal? To ensure we have funds to cover any disputes or charge-backs you may have from your at risk sales.

At the time this started, I had 100% positive feedback, a score of over 1400, and only one dispute over that last 12 months.

I ask, what are my "At Risk" item I sell, everything is new and includes factory warranties? I got no reply except that paypal is doing this and there is no OPTing out other than closing my account.

What a fascist attitude tantamount to saying, "You'll bend over and take it or else!"

What are your thoughts about this new and additional way to screw over sellers paypal has added to their arsenal of attack?

I have since then had one dispute and where do you think the "Held" funds came from when this customer filed, NO not from the rolling reserve balance, but from my available balance!

Why hold my funds under the guise that they will be used in the event of a dispute, when they are not using those held funds for any disputes that arise?

Thank you
        Last edited by Sake-Pookie; 10-19-2009, 07:46 AM.

Comment

The 10% rolling hold is similar to the 21 day hold, and has been around for most of 2009. Agreed, both are quite unfair, but there are ways around both. The harder they try to tighten their grip around us,
          Click image for larger version

Name:	closed fist.gif
Views:	186
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	70276the easier we slip through.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

There are several methods to get around these holds.

Can you tell us these, or at least private message. Thank you.

Comment

PM me. Thanks. The solution requires tech support.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Paypal 21 Day Hold

Hi guys, I'm brand new to the forum..WHAT'S UP EVERYONE! I did some searching on this and other forums about the Paypal 21 Day Hold. I understand there is a workaround flying around but that it is not being posted in public. Is there anyone here who could give me this information or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Comment

This will never be posted in public. You need tech support to learn about this.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I really don't have any money to shell out to get this information. Can you direct me to someone who can help me further?

Thanks.

Comment

Especially not from your locked paypal account name

Comment

PayPal still imposes these holds sometimes, but my methods still work to remove them. Actually, oddly enough, one of my techniques that stopped working about two years ago now works again!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

How much feedback do you really have to have for paypal to stop holding your money?

I heard 20, and I've also heard 100. What is it?!

Comment

Interesting but all this article
                            eBay to Change Practices on PayPal 21 Day Holds
                            boils down to is that now, when PayPal implements the 21 day hold, they will no longer "profit" from the held funds - because they will no longer place the funds in an interest bearing account. Some concession - the PayPal 21 day hold is alive and well - at PayPal, NOT at Modeeworld!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Does anyone know when Modee will be able to respond to pm requests for help? I understand that Modee is an attorney in real life, and therefore is not necessarily available for a few days. But if anyone has any updates on when he might be able to address recent tech support requests, that would be really helpful. Thanks.

He seems like he really knows what he is talking about, and I need his help. My biggest concern at the moment is a 21-day hold on a stealth Paypal account.
                              Last edited by raise.heck; 10-31-2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X