Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanently PayPal limited due to posting a prohibited item for sale

Here's the story:

I made a moronic mistake over the weekend and posted an Incest video (All **** Roleplay) on Ebay. I was unaware it was an Ebay Violation (But, they didn't catch it). Paypal did however, and limited my account for 6 months + (meaning closed)

2 days later I was able to transfer funds to my account, yet a paypal rep told me my account had been permanently closed and said there was a zero tolerance for the adult listing I posted??

But, still only 1 TOS violation ?? (I should have used the term Amateur instead of the other word maybe??)..

Anyway, I have been a member since 2000, have the paypal debit card, etc. And usually I only sell books, mags, games, and stuff like that. This goof was my ONLY adult listing...

What can I do ??

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the forums.

This brings to mind the single biggest reason to avoid PayPal - when you use a combination of EBAY + PayPal, two sets of eyes are watching over you. In this instance, you actually got away with it as far as EBAY was concerned. PayPal caught you.

Now most payment processors prohibit the sort of item you were trying to sell, but how would they even know? Well, the reason PayPal can always find out is that they can simply look up the EBAY listing! Bad news.

It is interesting that they allowed you to transfer money out during the "permanent" limitation period. Most likely, you were not permanently limited unless this is some new form of permanent limitation I have not heard of yet. Usually permanently limited means all funds are frozen until the end of the 180 day period.

Can you get your account back? There are some techniques you can use to bolster the accounts and possibly get reinstated. We can also try appeal to government and outside agencies based on that you did not in fact violate the Terms of Service. I've had great success with this sort of thing for clients in the past. You can PM me for detailed information.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X