Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paypal ask me to close my account, but it's limited. How do I close it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal ask me to close my account, but it's limited. How do I close it?

I had 2 premier accounts due to not knowing paypal policy. My first account has been limited for 2months and I did all the steps to remove my limitation but it is still saying "IN PROGRESS". Recently, paypal puts limit on my second account and asks me to verify my identity and which i sent them a copy of my SSN and a utility bill. They then found out I have 2 premier account and sent me an email about the steps to downgrade one of my account. I called the paypal customer service, one agent downgraded my account to personal. However, account is still limited. Paypal then sent me an email saying ...

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Unfortunately you will need to close one of the accounts. The only time
    you can have 2 PayPal account is if you have a business account, then
    you can have another personal or premier. You can not have both a
    personal and premier account. We ask that you choose one account to
    close and complete that within the next 48 hours.

BUT, HOW CAN I CLOSE DOWN LIMITED ACCOUNT?

That's a little odd because the rule is that you are allowed to have ONE personal PayPal and then ONE either Business or Premier.
    PayPal Premier? Personal? Business? - Differences? Which is best for EBAY selling - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

So, I would review the above thread on our forum, and quote PayPal's policy back at them.

As far as closing a limited account, first of all you have to define what kind of limitation you mean. If it is permanently limited, which means that in 180 days any remaining funds will be disbursed and the account shut down, then that account is set to close by itself and there is nothing you can do to speed that process up. PayPal leaves accounts in that permanent limitation status for 180 to allow for any buyer claims that might come in against it.

If the account is merely limited, but not pending shut down (not permanently limited), then you have to contact a limitation supervisor on the phone to explain why you need to close it. But again, if you have processed transactions on the account recently, PayPal may not allow you to close it immediately, and rather just shift it to the 180-days-to-closing permanent limitation status.

If you need more help on this consider hiring me.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X