Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linked to a PayPal account with negative balance which isnt mine!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linked to a PayPal account with negative balance which isnt mine!!!!

Hi my account has been linked to an account with a negative balance for which pp is demanding i pay them the negative balance then my account can be re opened, but as i have told them 10 times i only have one account and this other account must be fraudulent, yet they still claim i need to resolve the other account before i can be re instated. Yet they will not tell me how this other account is linked to mine, to further support myself i have llooked into this other account which the email address for which paypal has supplied to me doesnt even exist, what can i do about this? and can pp take this negative balance out of my account although iinsist it is nothing to do with me?
    Also how can somebody get into negative balance? as if i ever pay for anyhting the amount automatically comes out of the bank so i would never rack up a negative balance, so i wonder how this is even possible, any help would be appreciated as i am just frustrated from being in contact with paypal,
    Thanks

I feel for you.

You have to understand however, that there is not much difference between being linked to a stealth account you create and being linked to some random account that has nothing to do with you, if you gather my meaning.

This problem can be solved, but requires some serious one on one work. You need tech support to get to the bottom of this.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Paypal linked accounts

I have a similar situation only I've progressed to the point where I've been able to talk paypal at length, spent an hour on the phone with different depts.. Let me know if I've done this correctly or if I still have a battle to wage. I know this is a long message, but from reading your other posts, you need details to know how to help., so here goes:

First phone # provided sent me to the collections dept who's only intention was to collect money, not provide info. She couldn't answer any of my questions as to why the accounts were linked and how to resolve it in any way other than giving her money. Finally, I got her to transfer me to her supervisor... then 5 minutes later she comes back to say request denied because there's too long of a back-log, they'll have to call me back(I used *67 so they couldn't see my #); no I don't want to do that--I want to talk to someone now. She was going to send me to Fraud and said it'd take a week. There's got to be a quicker way.....

Then she let me in on the fact that limitations dept would know why my account was linked with this one with a negative balance. I also learned that Paypal installed a new linkage software program that is linking accounts like crazy as to why they are so busy today! hmmm... you hear about this?

On the phone with limitations, the only thing she could find linking the two accounts was my first name, last names were different, even my maiden name didn't link up. I don't recognize any of the email addresses, she said the physical address of the linked account didn't match up to my account I have either. She didn't tell me what the physical address on that account was or the phone #s, just the email addresses. Since she could not find any further info(she appeared to be helping me and be on my side, felt very strange) she sent a message to the Fraud dept.

Now the girl in accounting offered to do the same thing with a 1 week wait--I told this girl(susan) this and she left for about 5 minutes, came back and aplogized for the wait and said she left messages with two different people in the Fraud dept so that it would get immediate attention and be resolved within 1-2 business days. But, she could not give me the # for the fraud dept nor an email address or anyway to contact them, I'm not allowed, I just have to be patient. I was skeptical and pressed the issue, at which time she kept sighing(she wanted to get me off the phone obviously). And she promised that it would be handled quickly and apologized for the incovenience.
      I was really surprised by how "seemingly" cooperative and apologetic she was being... am I being too suspicious or do you think they will actually fix it?

Now, they didn't deduct the money that I 'allegedly' owe, just limited the account. So are they aware that what they did/are doing is illegal and afraid that I'm aware of it and will do something? That would explain the cooperation from Susan.

What I'm terrified of is: is this going to continue to drag out? Is there something I missed that I should have asked or another dept I should have talked to?

In the meantime, I have an Ebay account attached to this Paypal account with active listings that will be ending before they conclude their little investigation.

I have been fretting all day and am giving myself a migraine over this. I hope you can set my mind at ease. I have already requested info on your checkout that you offer at your website as one step to getting rid of paypal altogether; but there is $600 in there right now that I don't want to lose.

I hope I gave you enough info, let me know if you need to know anything else in order to give me a correct diagnosis.

Comment

You need to open a tech support with me to address this. PM me.

There are no new ways to link PayPal accounts other than ones mentioned in this forum (cookies, flash objects, IP address and - of course - account details such as name, social security or EIN number, address, phone number, email, bank account, credit card numbers), however in the past PP would use primarily only IP address.

Google and Amazon use a couple of additional linking factors which will not be posted publicly on this forum. :-)

The "new" technique PayPal mentioned is merely that PP is starting to use actually the flash objects to link, instead of just keeping in reserve.

Thank you for your detailed response - we appreciate it. Also appreciate the fact that you attached your message to an old thread instead of creating a new one. You seem like an organized, methodical type and we should be able to overcome this problem via tech support.
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X