Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sent echeck via PayPal - cancelled and funds taken from my bank. Now PayPal limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent echeck via PayPal - cancelled and funds taken from my bank. Now PayPal limited

Here is the thing. I (with my girlfriend) won an auction on eBay and used my girlfriends paypal to pay it. After 1-2 hours we made the payment, paypal system cancelled the payment god knows why.

The payment method was bank account (eCheck).

Here are the details:
    Related transaction:
    Transfer to: PayPal
    Total Amount: $497.00 USD
    Fee amount: $0.00 USD
    Net amount: $497.00 USD
    Date: Aug 11, 2010
    Time: 12:40:26 PDT

Original transaction:
    Total Amount: -$497.00 USD
    Fee amount: $0.00 USD
    Net amount: -$497.00 USD
    Date: Aug 11, 2010
    Time: 12:40:26 PDT

Now the total balance on our paypal accunt is zero. However, the money was witdrawn and seen as "Cleared" from her bank account anyway. So I'm off 497$ in my bank account but this money is not in my Paypal account.

After all of these, the paypal account is permenantly limited. Now what will happen? Will the money be refunded to bank account?

Please help me...

any ideas?

Comment

BIG mistake paying via echeck!!! what will happen is the 497 is going to be in your paypal balance since you payed from a bank account...make matters worse your account is limited and you won't be able to withdraw that 497 until 180 days has pass. better just go to the bank and report unauthorized use of yoor bank account so they can reverse the 497. best of luck.

Comment

so should I start a dispute from my bank?

Comment

yes, call your bank, but say it was unauthorized, by your girlfriend or something not done by you

Comment

ok I wonder another thing. After 180 days, can I transfer the balance in my paypal account to any account?
            Because here's what paypal wrote to me:

"Once the 180-day period has elapsed,
            you may withdraw the funds to the bank account registered on your PayPal
            account or request a wire transfer. You may also request a check for the
            remaining balance to be sent to the address registered on your PayPal
            account (U.S. accounts only)"

Can I request a wire transfer to my account in Turkey?

Comment

to wire the funds you will need to first withdraw the funds to a bank account then wire the funds.

Comment

let's say my bank account is closed and I moved to another country. Then what happen's? Because this is exactly what will happen to me. I won't be in USA after 6 months and my bank account will be closed.

I sent an e-mail to them but they don't bother to give a response.

Comment

ok I opened a dispute claim thru' my bank, and it resolved today. I got my money back.

Comment

Yes that is one way to get your funds back straight from the horse's - that is, bank's, mouth.
                    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
                    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                    X