Bluetooth Headsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth Headsets

I've pretty much been using wired headsets only even though I have owned more than a few bluetooths over the years. I even have a bluetooth built into my car, and yet - nothing seems to compare with wired for sound quality.

In general bluetooths sound all right as far as what you, the person with the headset in your ear, hears - but the caller at the other end generally complains about your sounding like you are in a tunnel, or that he flat out cannot hear you very well at all.

That just changed.

The latest reviews from CNET
    Best Bluetooth headsets - CNET Reviews
    rate the Plantronics Voyager Pro as the best Bluetooth headset ever tested by them. It was rated higher than the newest Aliph Jawbone Prime.

Now, CNET's placing it above the Jawbone of itself meant nothing to me. I have friends who have had Jawbone IIs, and I can barely understand them when they talk to me on one. I always ask them to "get off that headset" so I can hear them.

But what intrigued me about the Voyager Pro - besides the fact that it got such a high rating
    Plantronics Voyager Pro Headset reviews - CNET Reviews
    is its basic design with a big swiveling boom microphone. Now, as bulky and retro as that may seem, the best of the best wired headsets that I have found, the Plantronics MX500C
    Plantronics MX 500C - headset Prices | ZDNet: Reviews
    ALSO has a boom mic protruding out towards your mouth, which leads me to believe that this design (putting functionality over form), is the way to go with headsets.

And I was right. For once, a bluetooth headset where the person at the other end cannot even tell that you are using one. Success at last. Looks like I'm ready to enter the wireless era of sound.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

I am picky about sound clarity but this cheap little number (Plantronics Explorer 340) does the trick:

Amazon.com: Plantronics Explorer 340 Bluetooth Headset: Electronics

Comment

On my Plantronics Voyager I think I have to put in a different ear size adapter - a smaller one. Now if I could only find that little bag of tricks that came in the box....

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I like the Plantronics Voyager Legend the most lately.
        Bluetooth Headsets & Earbuds - Communication and Collaboration Solutions
        Interestingly I don't see as many people even using bluetooth headsets any longer. I no longer need one in my car, where the phone is integrated into the car's speakerphone system, and I see people just walking around with their smart phones plastered to their ears these days.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X