Mac accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac accessories

What are some of the top Apple Mac accessories? I have the newest MacBook Air

You do need a case - I like the Speck see through ones. Beyond that, not much, maybe an auxiliary Super Drive if you use DVDs/CDs
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Just bought a Magic Mouse. Nice!

Comment

Yes I like it for my iMac, the Magic Mouse 2, but for a laptop I like its standard Force Touch trackpad.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Posting a year later and proud owner of both a MacBook Air and a MacBook Pro.

The accessories I've accumulated:
          -Clear cases and keyboard cover
          -Magic Mouse 2
          -4 TB LaCie HD
          -USB Type C to USB 3.0 adapter (for the newest MacBook Pro)

Planning to get some AirPods soon.

Comment

Nice! MAC stuff gets addictive, eh? You don't need to change the MAC lap and desktops every year, like PC, they remain relevant for a good three years, if not longer. We're at the point now with speed and such that you could conceivably keep this MAC stuff for longer than three years and not feel dated.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

It does get pretty addictive. Every time I go past an Apple Store I can't resist going inside to see if there's anything to get.

I made a mistake buying the MacBook Air last year as now it looks like that model is going to be phased out this year, though it's still fine. But I bought the newest MacBook Pro this year and I'm confident that will remain among the top computing power money can buy for a few years. What impresses me most is the speed of the all USB Type C ports, transferring something that would have taken hours using USB 3.0 can now be completed in around 15 minutes.

When I think about all the time I'd lost in the past dealing with system crashes and such on PCs it makes me angry I didn't go over to Mac sooner. Windows being the dominant OS is one of the biggest cons in the history of tech!

Comment

You may look here
                MacRumors Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy iPhone, Mac, iPad
                before you buy any Apple product to see where it is as far as life before next expected update.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

As noted above I was about to get some AirPods. At the last minute I went with the BeatsX Wireless In EarPhones (white of course). They are only slightly more expensive than the AirPods but a big improvement. They hang nicely around your neck so you don't have to worry about them falling out and the sound is so crisp, it really is like being in a sound recording studio. Wireless charging is nice on the AirPods but they are easier to fall out when you have them on and that case is a bit bulky.

Comment

Just depends on what you want or need them for, we have three Beats - two headphone types (Studio and Solo3) and a Powerbeats2. The AirPods are perhaps not so much for hi fidelity as the Beats.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I have the latest iMac Pro, which I upgraded to the max and cost $14,000. but the latest Mac Pro, that just came out - fully upgraded will set you back over $52K! That seems just crazy.

However, I did some careful comparative research: Forty years ago, I suppose the top micro computer you could buy, something like a Cromemco System 3 ("a powerful system of 64K" is what the ads would advertise) with printer and monitor would set you back $12,000. and in 1981, $12,000. could also buy you a brand new Datsun 280-ZX fully loaded which today a brand new Nissan 370Z fully loaded is $45K, so I suppose if you think about our little problem along them lines,
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Pat_Webb.png Views:	0 Size:	40.0 KB ID:	91726
                      paying $52K today for a top of the line personal computer may be about right. Although...that $52K for the new Mac Pro doesn't even include a monitor or printer. Does include wheels
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	apple-mac-pro-2019-wheels-1280x720.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.0 KB ID:	91727
                      though.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                      X