Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be careful parking in Los Angeles! You may get towed. Immediately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful parking in Los Angeles! You may get towed. Immediately.

Parked my brand new car in downtown Los Angeles yesterday. The first time I parked I was careful to read the signs, got out and studied them, made sure I was in compliance.

I went to a short meeting and picked up a client. We parked on a different street a few blocks from where I had originally parked, and there was another car parked in front and back of me, so we didn't look at the signs this time. Turns out it was the same situation as where I parked before, parking allowed until 3pm when it turned into a NO STOPPING zone.

At 3:15pm a $95. ticket was plastered on the windshield. 3:23pm - TOWED! Cost me $275. (highway robbery) to get it back. The tow yard was two miles away from where I got towed so we just walked it. I registered for Uber but by the time my account was validated, we were half way there and a two mile walk is no big deal to me. My lazy client kept complaining about walking so far but I ignored him. Then as we got closer he started commenting, "Actually, this was a really nice walk."

Funny, I asked one of the ubiquitous police officers on the corner why they had towed me so quickly, and he said, well, uh, yes we do tow after 4pm. When I pointed out that it was only 3:41pm (yes, I got to the car just fifteen minutes after it had been towed), he just sort of shrugged, and said well then, he didn't know.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

I hate driving in LA. Period.

Comment

Working...
    X