Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSFT formats on Mac suggested OSX word processing and graphics web creation software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSFT formats on Mac suggested OSX word processing and graphics web creation software

Much as I prefer to use Pages, Numbers and Keynote, it's hard to deny that the Windows formats .doc and .xls need to be preserved for how widely they are adopted.

Do you use MS Office or any of the alternatives that allow you to open and edit documents in the Windows formats such as .doc or .xls on a Mac?

If so which one do you use?

Or do you not bother at all and if you want to take a .pages file to a Windows computer you just convert it?

I use mainly the following programs for Macintosh OSX: Adobe Creative Suite, MSFT Office including Outlook. All, the latest versions.

I use Final Cut Pro X and iDVD/iMovie as well.

I also use a program called Graphic Converter. I don't use Quark Express much anymore, but I have it.

I can't imagine what else you'd need besides the above, as far as word processing and graphics/web creation type software, unless you want to be AVID editor based versus Final Cut Pro X, but then I don't make commercial type movies, just for business use. AVID is better for multi cam of course.

You may putz around and try to get free file shared copies of the above, but long ago I broke down and just bought them all because they are valuable to me and I can't afford to be wasting time trying to update them when they're not legitimate copies.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X