What is the best coffee maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best coffee maker?

I'm not a big coffee drinker. A cup here and there, so I don't need a drip coffee maker brewing a whole pot.

I've had one of these Keurig machines for coffee, and a Rivo for espresso/cappuccino, for a while now.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Keurigs_small.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.7 KB ID:	74092

The Rivo, using these Lavazza espresso pods, intense, delicate or classic variety, is fabulous.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Rivo_espresso_small.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.1 KB ID:	74093
    Creates as good espresso as a $2000. machine that I have. However the Rivo supposedly has a design defect (already had one replaced free from Keurig), and Keurig may be phasing out the pods for it, which will render the machine useless.

The Keurig regular coffee machine itself, is convenient but doesn't really make a fabulous cup of coffee, either using their pods, of which I've found the Barista Prima Coffeehouse House Blend, Green Mountain organic Ethiopia Yirgacheffe, and Starbucks Laguna de Ayarza and Sumatra Dark to be best, Click image for larger version  Name:	KeurigCoffees_small.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.1 KB ID:	74094

or even using their generic K Cup adapter
    Click image for larger version  Name:	KCup_generic_small.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.0 KB ID:	74095
    with fresh ground coffee from beans - still the Keurig, maybe because it doesn't get the water hot enough (measured in a double walled insulated glass cup, comes out just around 170 degrees F), or maybe because it doesn't drip through the K cup long enough, does not compare to a drip coffee maker's product.

So I tried out this relatively new contraption, called the AeroPress,
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AeroPress_Vsmall.jpg Views:	1 Size:	420.4 KB ID:	74097
    which is supposed to make an incredible cup of coffee. Unfortunately, it doesn't. It's good, but not remarkably better than the Keurig with the best purchased pods or best freshly ground coffee in the K Cup adapter. You have to use basically two scoop of coffee in the AeroPress to get decent coffee, and a LOT of water to end up with a full cup.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AeroPress_scoop_small.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	74098
    The Aero Press filled to the "1" line gives you more like a shot of coffee than a cup. You gotta fill the thing to the top, and add two scoops of coffee if not more, to get a full mug of strong coffee. It is an intriguing invention, but it's not perfect.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support
Working...
X