German Authorities - having a problem and the police won't help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Authorities - having a problem and the police won't help me

Recently moved to Germany. Does anybody have an idea how Germany polices and the different authorities? Is there an equivalent to the FBI? How do the different police departments work, are the different areas and cities similar to the different state police departments?

In Germany the law is based on statutes (civil law) rather than common law.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Yes, Germany like most of the rest of the world system civil law, other than the US and the other former British colonies that system common law.

I was enquiring about the policing authorities. Is there an equivalent to the FBI? And how do the different police departments communicate and deal with cases - is it like state to state departments in the US or area/city to area/city departments in the UK?

Comment

Making the cops take action

I've been trying to report someone, who forged documents and caused me financial loss, to the police but they're not even listening let alone even bothering to fill out a police report.

I've heard of times when people have kicked up enough of a storm that the police have taken serious action on a case that they would not often even entertain.

How do I shout loud enough to be heard about this to get something done? I don't think contacting the media is going to give me a front page story. I've already filed complaints with the police department and the Police Complaints Commission to only be told that the police don't have the resources to deal with everything, when I've seen them involved in similar cases over much smaller amounts.

Comment

You need tech support to discuss this private issue.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

You don't have any open suggestions?

Comment

You need tech support.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
              X