Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Studios not trolling EBay? Ebay sellers sued for media copyright infringement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Studios not trolling EBay? Ebay sellers sued for media copyright infringement?

I'm sure we've all heard of the dozens of sellers on Amazon who have been or are being sued by the Studios (ahem, WB), but why don't we hear of the same happening to strictly Ebay sellers? Any reasonable idea? Thanks!

I have helped and am aware of many Ebayers who fall into trademark or copyright infringement type issues, so the problems you mention are not unique to Amazoners.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Interesting... Then why is it the WB vs "all the Does" are the ones that seem to be publicized? Are the Ebayers you mention being sued for copyright on DVDs, or are we speaking of VeRO here? Just curious.

Comment

Lawsuits aren't the only result of infringement. Lawsuits are the end result in cases where the infringers aren't smart enough to avoid them.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Okay. The reason I ask is because my cousin was selling on amazon and eBay, shipped a set directly to WB studios (i know, right?!) and somehow didn't catch it. He was kicked from amazon and served a lawsuit about nine months later. So I did some research online and all I could find were amazon sellers. At least as far as so called counterfeit DVDs go. In all of these cases a lawsuit was the only result and the end result. So, what are these other results you mention?

Just honestly curious now. That's all, thanks.

Comment

To learn more about this matter you need tech support. Everything posted on this forum is public, and there are limits to what we want the world to see.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Modee, I need some tech support, please PM me.

Comment

Working...
              X