AAPL - Apple Computer stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAPL - Apple Computer stock

I own a lot of AAPL, with an average basis of 130. Have owned for years.

I am trying to buy more AAPL, but waiting for another dip. I just missed buying more Monday at 500 with a limit order I had in, because the dip was only to about 501.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

I did buy more AAPL at about 509 on Friday, and now I'm glad I did. Only wish I had bought more!

Will buy more on another dip.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Bought more AAPL at 489 today. Will buy more if it drops again.

Looking into some AAPL options plays too - a friend of mine made millions on AAPL options over the past two - three years. But, when a stock that drops rebounds savagely within a month or so - which is what AAPL has been doing so far, it is hard NOT to make money on its Calls.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I see AAPL ranging for a while, do you agree?

Comment

I'm poised to buy more AAPL if it drops below 400.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Been daytrading this constantly all year, very profitably, in addition to a few thousand shares held long term for years now.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

AAPL a great trading stock

Hold what has become (due to split) several thousand shares of AAPL dating back to 2007. A real winner!

Additionally I trade 1000 - 2000 share blocks, very profitably. I feel that AAPL has everything going for it - low P/E, high EPS, record profits, desirable products, AND momentum, such that you really can't go wrong trading it currently. Even if get stuck in a losing position it comes back.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

AAPL currently bouncing off 118 or so, would look to get it for trades between 117 - 120 all day long.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

AAPL a good trade if dips to 118 or so today.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

AAPL watch - boom or bust?

The Apple Watch reviews are (quietly) brutal

I have been long AAPL for many years now, and it has paid off handsomely for me. If anything, I plan to accumulate more AAPL stock and whenever I trade it, I trade it long only.

However, issues are arising with the AAPL watch, as noted in the above article: that it tends to send too many notifications, the apps on it work too slowly or get stuck, it's hard to get it to show you the time when you want to know the time, and so on. I just hope the AAPL watch doesn't turn into some kind of Newton.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

On the other hand....
                      Apple Watch reviews don't matter to early adopters

A batch of mixed reviews for the new AAPL Watch likely won't deter many early adopters from purchasing the latest hot gadget. Probably because people on the cutting edge want something new, and want it now!

I read that the insides of the 18K gold version of the watch may be swapped out in the future for updates. Wonder if this applies to the stainless version?

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I hold a boatload of AAPL shares dating back to 2006 - 2007, and trade additional shares of this stock (always long) regularly. Today I bought an additional 1000 shares at 131.4 Normally I wouldn't buy so many shares on the day of earnings, but I pretty much knew that AAPL would come out with something good, and the stock dipped so much that I knew it would offer me some profit before the bell no matter what. (This happens often on earnings day, that the weak of heart sell off before the miracle happens.) The stock went to over 133 in the AH even before earnings came out and I was tempted to sell for a clean $1K + on those 1000 shares, but I held on.

I entered a GTC + extended order (which includes the AH) to sell at 136, and should have kept it there but just before earnings came out I raised it to 137 (as my grammar school teacher said, always go with your first choice.) This is a strategy I employ often at earnings in case the stock pops and then drops back. In this case AAPL DID pop, to 136 but not quite to 137, and then kept dropping all the way down to 134 or so. I entered a new order and dumped the 1000 shares at 135, which still is NICE, making almost four grand in a day's work, not to mention the paper profit I keep loading onto my long term AAPL shares.

If AAPL keeps going up tonight or tomorrow I still continue to benefit from my long term shares.

I also bought some options calls on the stock early this morning that will be up nicely tomorrow too.

AAPL is a great stock - and if you are investing long term, the time to buy AAPL is - whenever you have the free cash!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

AAPL's been dropping only because of the general market. Once the drop down from beyond 18K DOW settles and we start the inevitable cycle back up above 18K DOW, AAPL will more than follow.

To understand more fully, the DOW has been cycling between 17K and 18K to 17K to 18K to 17K to 18K etc. etc. for many many months now. This is nothing new - as we get too far above 18K, the DOW inevitably drops back down to below 18K and when it gets close enough to 17K, it rallies up like a monster. And AAPL will follow that inevitable rally back up!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

That cycle down to 17K is now complete, and we should be rising again, back up towards 18K.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Take a look at the DOW chart for mid-May 2014, through July 2014. Particularly take a look at Friday, May 16, 2014. I remember the day well - NFLX was tanking hard all day, and then started a monster rally that continued into the next week, and month along with many other stocks.

That is where we are at now - hoping for a major rally starting late tomorrow afternoon, after some more tankage in the morning.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                              X